“One of the Best Meals I've Ever Had!”
Review of Pacific's Edge

Pacific's Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacific's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 161 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate here during our trip to Monterey in August 2012. Friends had recommended the restaurant and they were right. The food was phenomenal! Definitely one of the best meals I have ever had. I had the short ribs and my husband had the lamb. Our waiter was fantastic, taking the time to explain the menu items and giving wonderful recommendations when we asked - especially the Belle Glos wine. I also had a few glasses and enjoyed it so much, it is now one of my favorites.

If the fantastic food isn't enought to entice you, the views will. Gorgeous views of the water and coastline. Almost magical.

I wish I lived nearby so that I could go again.

There are newer reviews for Pacific's Edge

Reviewed July 17, 2013

View from dining room unbelievable. Had side by side seats with spouse, both facing the Monterey coastline. Food excellent though somewhat pricey

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food here is not as good as some of the best restaurants I've eaten at, though the prices were at the top. For the money, I expect more. The views didn't compensate enough. We're giving it a poor rating because of poor value, not poor food or service.

2  Thank HappyCampers12
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I loved the wine we ordered that the server recommended Dumal Chardonnay. The food was fantastic along with the view.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The mediocre service started with being pointed at a closet in which I could hang my wife and my jacket as opposed to an offer to take them. We ordered the chef's tasting menu. There was no amuse buche or any other items than the 4 courses listed. The seafood mosaic had some very nice fresh fish but other than purchasing high quality items there was nothing very special in how it was prepared or presented. The server failed to tell us which fish was which. The wild boar was very disappointing, tough and lacking flavor. We wanted to mention this to the server but he never came to inquire about it. We didn't want to spoil the flow of our evening to wait to complain so we just ate it even though It was far below expectations. The duck course was probably the best thing but the vegetables accompanying it were under seasoned. Wine pairings were all acceptable wines but lacked any imagination in the pairing. Staff was lacking polish in their communication skills and dressed kind of frumpy. I will not return even for that great view.

2  Thank Paul S