“Very good food, big portions” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good food, big portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had the fried chicken and pasta with salads. Very good, fresh ingredients all around. $130 for two with wine, taxes, tip.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank SydH

Jacksonville, Florida
“Small but wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Walking in we weren't expecting very much. Very few inside tables and a very limited menu but everything we tried was wonderful. The staff was very attentive and very professional. The restaurant was recommended to us by the Tickle Pink Inn. It was great!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Peter B
Fairfax, Virginia
“Felt like I was in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We lived in Italy for 2 years and I can be a snob when it comes to Italian food- especially Italian cuisine labeled as Tuscan. My husband took me here for my birthday and it was AMAZING! We happened there on a night of free wine tasting which was also great. We ended up sharing the table with the part owner of the vineyard that was doing the tasting. So, we ended up eating typical family style and shared each other's plates. My husband ordered the pairing menu, which was an amazing value. I had the boar pasta- oh my, my mouth is watering, thinking of it now as I write this. Upon finding out it was my birthday the served us little glasses of prosecco to go with a huge slice of the most amazing chocolate cake. The whole night took me back to Italy and it was perfect.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ebbosse
Paso Robles, California
“Octopus like I've never had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've had octopus prepared a number of ways, but the way that they prepared it was absolutely fabulous. Next time I'll order my own appetizer of octopus, because splitting the order with the wife left us both wanting more.
The meal was a great experience in this small, restaurant. I had the Oso Buco and my wife had the fresh, local salmon which were both prepared excellently.
Service was excellent! The only draw back would be the tight seating, but that won't keep me from returning. For a meal like the one we had, I'd eat it in a phone booth.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank WillyJ2010
Victoria, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent food. Good staff and very sociable owners. We couldn't get there for closing time, so they let us in late. It was very busy and seems to have a good following. We'll certainly return.

Visited May 2013