“Carmel is Beautiful, the Hog's Breath Inn is So-So”
Review of Hog's Breath Inn

Hog's Breath Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Hog's Breath Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Description: The legend of Carmel. Formerly owned by Clint Eastwood, he still owns the building-who knows when he will stop by? Kept intact to keep the charm that is the cozy Carmel of yesteryear.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place became famous because Clint Eastwood used to be the owner. Clint is no longer the owner and the place is living off is past connection. The outdoor seating area is nice and very popular, although I don't want to share a $50 entrée while a dog is seated at the next table. I like dogs, and I can understand that some people want them along at a coffee shop, but I just don't think fine dining and dogs are a good blend. My wife had a steak that was over-cooked, and that's not a good thing to do to an average cut of meat. The asparagus was under-cooked and under-seasoned. The garlic mashed potatoes were average at best. My Ahi Tuna was cooked perfectly. The rice noodle cake that it was served on offered an excellent flavor and texture contrasts. With no drinks or dessert, and a bill of $100, the Hog's Breath Inn is a stop you should consider passing up. :-(

There are newer reviews for Hog's Breath Inn

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Steak up there with some of the best we have had! Baby back ribs amazing... And the cocktails were sublime! Great night out, on the patio, by the fire - best!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The atmosphere of the patio was great but I've definitely have had better a steak. Wish I would have spent my last night in CA eating dinner elsewhere. The service was not that great either, would have had another glass of wine but didn't feel like hunting down the waiter.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not a good experience. Stopped for a quick lunch and discovered they were out of both the appetiser and wine that we had ordered. Indifferent service just made it worse. With so many great places in Carmel they need to up their game.

1  Thank JTW80
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We did not eat here, rather had a couple of beers in the pub part. We did look at the menu and it looked ok but decided not to eat. I would say its a nice pub for a drink, with plenty of drinks to select from even though the pub itself is quite small and I'm sure if your after pub food it is adequate. We had no trouble with bar staff, served us quickly.