“Lived up to expectations!”
Review of Flying Fish Grill

Flying Fish Grill
Ranked #1 of 158 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Eastern Norway, Norway
“Lived up to expectations!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We got this place recommended from where we stayed and from several other guests! So we went with high expectations....and boy did they live up! A friendly welcome, it is a kozy setting in a basement. Loved the atmospher! My husband had the almond seabass-it was fantastic-cooked perfect and great sides. I had the Rare Peppered Ahi on angle hair pasta, the best Tuna I have had in a long time. We finished the meal with the Chocolate Decadence (with raspberry sauce), a perfect finish of a great meal. If you like good fresh seafood, this is the place to dine in Carmel!

Visited July 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We took a chance and showed up without reservations and although the hostess said she could seat but we had to be out in an hour, we had a great dinner! Lovely little place with delicious food! The waiter accommodated my gluten-free needs well and we were very happy to have been able to dine here.

Visited July 2014
Switzerland
“Really good simple friendly restaurant”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Flying Fish twice on two separate visits to Carmel , both times i very much enjoyed the experience , the food is better than good and has unusual themed dishes and the service very friendly and professional would highly recommend a visit to anyone visiting Carmel .

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was excited to check out this restaurant, but when we first arrived I was a little disappointed. The restaurant is on the basement floor, with a dark, laid-back interior. I guess I was expecting something a bit brighter. Regardless, the food was incredible! I had the California tower to start, and then the Alaskan cod. Both were spectacular. My husband had the seafood pasta, which he loved as well. It had tons of seafood and was delicious. Overall, a really great restaurant, just not what I was expecting in terms of ambiance.

State College, PA
“Excellent food, atmosphere needs some attention”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our meals here were the best fish entrees that we had in Carmel. I savored the almond seabass and my husband enjoyed the black bean hallibut. The restaurant tables are small, intimate booths in the lower level of the Carmel Plaza, so there are no windows. Overall, I didn't think that the ambience equaled the quality of food. I thought that the floor and some of the booths could stand to be refurbished. My husband and I both visited the restrooms and thought that they were tiny and could use a thorough cleaning and updating.

• Visited July 2014