“Perfect as always”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We love this place... We go only once per year since we don't live in the area. The abalone is amazing! The food is wonderful. The ambiance is fun,staff is attentive and a nice small wine list.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This place was recommended by our hotel front desk and we were very happy they did. It has a quirky decor but the food was fantastic, a mix of Japanese and modern seafood. Everything we had was great. Wait staff were also very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

A little place in a little town , charming service fun and informal , excellent food and reasonably priced highly recommend this restaurant to any visitors to Carmel .

You like me on my second or third visit will have a very enjoyable experience which fits perfectly into a visit to Carmel . Simply good !

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I were referred by the front desk in our hotel to this gem of a restaurant! We have to say that you absolutely have to have the shrimp curry soup. My husband got a bowl, and I didn't! When he went to the restroom, I told him not to leave that soup alone with me! You may say you don't like curry, but there was a fabulous combination of flavors in this soup that was just divine! We had the seafood claypot and were not disappointed. There is a circular heating element in the table that the clap pot sits in. Fresh vegetables are added in the soup and the seafood is brought over to you raw. You put your own seafood in the pot and it usually coooks quickly. It was simply superb. It was a long luxurious dinner! There was rice and noodles on the side which my husband loved, and I was able to forego simply to cut a few calories. I can get rice and noodles at home. We don't always get dessert, but we decided on the threesome of sorbets. Wow! We just kept rotating the three cups and it was plenty. Sweet and luscious! The service was wonderful and the decor was beautiful and understated the way we like it!

1  Thank Janice Z
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Superb service and food. Hope to get there again before our trip ends. Our waiter made excellent recommendations for wine pairing with our dinner choices.