$492
$675
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

$400
ClarionHotels
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$311
$300
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$588
$512
Agoda.com
$539
$499
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $571/night.

Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$900
Hotels.com
All reviewscookiesgreat locationsan carloswine and appetizersthird floorafternoon winecarmel by the seaocean avenuewithin walking distancehot tublight breakfastparking is tightthe main streetno elevatoryogurtno air conditioningshops and restaurants
Reviewed October 15, 2006

As a last minute Carmel get away, we choose Coachman's [based primarily on Trip Advisor reviews]. The staff was pleasant and curtious. The room we had was very nice [3rd floor, King Room with gas fireplace], as was the bathroom. Nice, big bed. The main issue was noise. Most all rooms are connected with a joint door; and conversations are easily overheard. Plus, doors opening and closing can be heard, particularly on the same floor. All rooms face the courtyard, so one can hear any group coming and going. Other than the noise, we enjoyed our stay. The price seemed reasonable; however, we'll pay more next time for more peace and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeyEsq
Reviewed October 1, 2006

I looked for an affordable, conveniently located hotel for our Carmel vacation, and booked 5 nights at the Coachman's Inn based primarily on reviews found here. The rooms are immaculate, the hosts friendly and helpful, and the hot tub clean and pleasant. The reviews are accurate when it comes to the noise, however. This is an older property and does not have the soundproofing of newer hotels. I booked a third story room based on the recommendations of other guests, but the one thing I didn't consider was the possibility of getting an adjoining room. I could literally hear every word of our neighbors' conversations. We felt like we had to whisper and tiptoe so we wouldn't disturb others. That said, it does quiet down about 10:00 p.m. and at least for the duration of our stay, all guests were very considerate during the night hours. We kept our windows open during our entire stay and had no trouble sleeping.

The location is awesome -- within walking distance of many great restaurants, shops and the beach. We only used the rental car for day trips to Point Lobos, Big Sur, and the 17-mile drive. Nielsen's Market is a couple doors down and has great picnic food, wines and most necessities. Don't miss dinner at the Mission Ranch -- the view, the food and the service are incredible. Breakfast at the Village Corner and the Cottage Restaurant are good choices as well. Take your high-limit credit card, though -- most restaurants are expensive by Midwest standards.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ldarch
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We just were not sure where to stay, I contacted Ellent at NYCMove and she suggested this adorable place. It had the true Carmel charm, it was in a great location and very very clean and they bring a cute little breakfast to your room, try and get a fireplace it adds the Carmel feeling. The hotels here are NOT super luxury they are quaint and adorable, We will go back to this place for sure again, it was just the most relaxing 4days. Carmel is a wonderful time to watch the world go bye and unwind...

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ELSUSHI921
Reviewed May 24, 2006

My husband and I stayed 3 nights mid-May 2006. We paid 155/night, inn told us we were given a 3 night stay special. Compared to other places I priced in the area, I was pleased with the price. The room was large with a fireplace, king bed and a twin bed, which we used to keep our luggage on. This was our last few days on the west coast after a 2 week trip so it was wonderful to stay in such a lovely, homey, comfortable environment. I loved the exterior of this place with the cobblestone, hanging plants, wrought iron chairs, it was all just lovely. I felt I had been transported to a small European inn. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room has a bathroom with all the amenities, wi-fi, microwave with popcorn, fridge, fireplace, everything was great. Inn is centrally located, easy to walk anywhere in central Carmel. The parking spaces are small.

We were in room 303 so our windows faced out to San Carlos. The room was stuffy so we kept the windows open as much as possible. We tried to keep open the first night but the noise on the street, even in quiet Carmel, was too much. Everyone's voices traveled right up to our windows. I can't imagine the people in room 203 were able to open their windows at all since they were right at street level. The room did not have any sort of fan and it was humid, warm, stuffy at times. I think a ceiling fan would have prevented some of the need to open the window.

The walls are thin. I could hear people talking in the next room.The worst was closing the doors on rooms on either side of us. Especially room 304. Everytime the door was closed it sounded like it was being slammed, it would make our door rattle. And it wasn't just the people, the people who were there the first night checked out the next morning and more people moved in who still closed the door loudly. Room 302 wasn't as bad but still loud. And if anyone stood outside our room and talked, we could hear every word. I am a very heavy sleeper but I was woken repeatedly by doors and conversation from outside the windows and in the hall.

I so enjoyed this place, it is so lovely, but would be hesitant to stay here again unless in the dead of winter, during the week, when I know I would get some rest and quiet. I would try for a third floor room on the middle "wing" where the windows open to the courtyard. Maybe even a corner room where the room is tucked away from the door and other doors closing wouldn't be as loud. I would never stay on the 1st floor. Unless saying on Mission it is underground with just the one side facing the parking lot exposed.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank ercm76
Reviewed May 17, 2006

We stopped over in Carmel for one night on a touring holiday, and what a lovely town.

It's very pretty with all of the shops in gingerbread style shop fronts and the people are very friendly.

Having picked up a guide on the area we shortlisted some hotels we liked the look of the Coachmans being the first we went to look at.

When we asked how much for the night and he said $83 I asked if I could see the room first, which was no problem.

The room was failry large with a lovely big, working fireplace with fireside chairs.

The bathroom was a decent size, but most of all it was very clean and nicely decorated in keeping with the twee feel of Carmel.

Yes breakfast does arrive in a bucket, but it's a cute stainless steel one. The OJ was fine, as was the fruit and the pastry was okay too, what do you expect for $83.

Overall I thought it was fantastic and I would definitely stay again and recommend anyone else to stay there also.

• Stayed: April 2006