$492
$675
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

$400
ClarionHotels
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$311
$300
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$588
$512
Agoda.com
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
$539
$499
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$900
All reviewscookiesgreat locationsan carloswine and appetizersthird floorafternoon winecarmel by the seaocean avenuewithin walking distancehot tublight breakfastparking is tightthe main streetno elevatoryogurtno air conditioningshops and restaurants
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It always seems hard to find a pet-friendly hotel that is also of good quality so that the pet owners do not have to slump it :-) I really love this inn for how luxurious the room feels and its great location to the beach and downtown Carmel. The bed was very comfy and the decor was pretty. Even the bathroom with its big bathtub (might have even been a jetted bathtub) was fabulous!

Having continental breakfast, although simple, delivered to the room was also a nice touch.

The room cost is a bit pricey though, which is the only negative that I can think of. But it's definitely nice splurge to be very comfy with your four-legged loved ones.

Room Tip: If exists, perhaps the one not facing courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Coachman Inn was lovely, our room had a wonder fireplace, comfy beds, and was in a great location to walk to Ocean Ave and all the shops. A light continential breakfast is delivered to your door in the morning. Sherry and fresh cookies in the lobby in the evening. The hot tub and exercise area was really cute. Best of all , the staff was very pleasant and especially helpful. Gave us a late check-out and let friends park in the lot all day.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank galfromcal
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Recently remodeled, this is a nice place to stay if your goal is to be able to walk around Carmel without having to worry about parking. Easy to get to everything and staff was very helpful when we needed to purchase New Year's Eve tickets for a local celebration at another hotel.

The popcorn in the in-room microwave and in-room deluxe coffee machines are a nice touch.

The decor is simple and the fireplaces are gas burning. Everything was clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SilverLake2TheWorld
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I had a great weekend staying at the Coachmans Inn. It was clean and they kept it clean for when we came back in the afternoon.

The best part of the weekend was when I proposed to my girlfriend by using the services of Romantic Room Designs through Brian the Owner. He was quick to respond to all my emails and I sent him a lot of emails with a lot of questions. Brian was very patient and was always very positive.

I did the Beach Bonfire and I also had Heidi Take Pictures which is another service Romantic Room Designs has for you. My fiancee is still talking about the whole experience. In fact after I proposed she said "Yes" and then she said "I wish someone could have taken a picture"... I said they did I had Romantic Room Designs capture it all on video and with a still camera. I am so happy with the service that Romantic Room Designs provided I know I will be using them again in the future.

Daniel Burkhardt

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Just stayed in Coachman's Inn for 2 nights during Carmel stay of family Califormina Roadtrip. Pictures on web page and other sites do NOT do it justice, I even told the manager. The room (201) was very nicely appointed, two comfortable queens, a fireplace, a deep soaking tub, microwave (with POPCORN!!!), and even an espresso maker. Size was great for family of 4, including 13 and 10 yr. olds. The morning continental breakfast bucket (nicely painted aluminum bucket) was a great touch by the door, after making selections the night before. Everything was very nicely decorated, very comfortable, and very clean. The cookies and apple cider in the small lobby were nice as you walked by to your room. One, minor, negative, the room was a bit too warm even with everything turned off, we didn't open windows because we didn't want any street noise since we're late sleepers. The other negative, that has been mentioned before, was the bad wireless internet connection in the room. I felt comfortable, and warm, enough to sit on the nice tables outside our room to get the best connection and a cool evening breeze. The last negative was the parking, if you don't get there early enough you have to park in the surrounding streets, we found spots easily but the car had to be moved by 10am (like I said, we're late sleepers). All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel, as did many others. We're glad we took all the positives and learned from the negatives. Don't miss Point Lobos, we almost did, we saw otters and seals right by the beach. My wife even saw a mountain lion cross one of the paths we were considering, something made us stop to look at the various routes so we wondered what could've happenned if the kids went ahead (never recommended) in front of the mountain lion. That's the beauty, and danger, of nature....still gotta live it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family