“Not gourmet at all.”

400 Degrees Gourmet Burgers & Fries
Ranked #73 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: 400° Gourmet Burgers & Fries features mouthwatering handcrafted burgers and fries using only the best ingredients and cooked to perfection on our custom cast iron griddle. Other menu options include housemade seasonal sodas, shakes, scrumptious salads and a large selection of artisan beers and wines. The restaurant’s dramatic, modern interior offers combined counter and table service indoors or outdoors on the dog-friendly patio.
Carmel-By-The-Sea
“Not gourmet at all.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

PR is excellent. Burgers are less so. Four of us ordered different burgers and sampled each one which tasted the same. And who designed and purchased those constantly falling over sat & pepper shakers? Very odd experience.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank AlexIII

• Hebrew first
Madison, Wisconsin
“Getting better”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Last night was maybe our 10th time to this restaurant. We've had some issues with it in the past, notably that foolish tablet thing at the table and some small issues here and there with the food.

We had a pretty good meal last night and, for once, couldn't complain about anything, really. The food came out right away, it was hot and it was good. Someone came to check on us a couple of times which is kind of a first.

I also noticed that when tables after us sat down, that the servers offered to take their orders instead of forcing people to use the gadget, so I really liked that.

We were one of only 3 tables when we arrived a bit after 6 on a Friday evening, so that was worrisome. But by the time we left at 7, it had filled up to about half capacity. I hope that's a good sign for them and that people filled in more after we left.

We had to make it to a show at Sunset by 7:30, so we were pleased that the food came out quickly and there were no delays.

As I've said in past reviews, I really want to love this place and I definitely want them to make it, so I hope they get their kinks worked out. It seemed like last night they had improved some of the issues we had in the past. The fries were hot and crispy, the onion rings were good, my salad greens were super fresh. All very good.

I did notice that I didn't recognize any of the staff, so I thought that was interesting. Maybe they've completely turned over or something. IDK.

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not a good place”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

took almost 15 min before someone came to the table. food took another 35-45 min. never asked for refills. very disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank bestfood4me
Singapore
“Tasty and affordable - just what we needed”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's a bit distressing to read the other negative reviews. I went to 400 Degrees in July, just after they had opened. It was very clean and the staff were very attentive. My friend and I each had a burger and wine - generous pours on the wine and the burgers/fries came quickly.

Carmel is NOT a cheap town, so you'll be hard-pressed to find a place that charges less than this. The burgers were well-cooked, came warm, with all the extras. We enjoyed the range of toppings and different options and went home satisfied. And, that's what you want when you order a burger - hot, well-cooked and something that leaves you full. Nice job 400 Degrees!

• Visited July 2012
“Give it a miss.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Over-priced boring burgers. Just go to McDonalds. No atmosphere, expensive, not particularly friendly staff. And you know what? All they serve are plain Old boring burgers!

2 Thank 3weekswithbaby