“Willy Wonka is Jealous”
Review of Cottage of Sweets

Cottage of Sweets
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Carmel
Good for: Families with children
Description: We have been Carmel's Candy Shop Since 1960. We provide a beautiful collection of fudge, locally made chocolates, British sweets, gummis and a wide variety of nostalgic and children's novelty candies. We also proudly carry over 50 different types of licorices from all over the world.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Willy Wonka is Jealous”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

How rare to find a gourmet candy shop with a truly different and interesting selection. The cottage itself looks like it was an extra in a children's movie. To see all of the unique and tasty candies from the UK, Finland, Germany and other places was a joy. The folks working there did not seem thrilled, but everything else made up for it.

TIP: Rasberry truffles cannot be avoided!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fudge and English toffee...yum!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped in at this sweets shop after dinner and got some cookie dough fudge and English toffee. Good candy and pretty good prices, compared to other higher end chocolates. Very small space, but cute shop and a fun stop during our evening stroll in Carmel.

“Great candy shop!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Such a cute little candy shop in a great location on a shopping street in Carmel. They had a great selection of British chocolate, which I normally would have taken advantage of...but they had fresh fudge, so I went for that! It was amazing. I tried 5-6 flavors and mostly, they were amazing. The only one I didn't care for was the Turtle, as it reminded me of a Snickers bar, and I like creamy fudge. Otherwise, everything was a hit. The rest of the family loved the gummy bears and other sweet & sour chewy choices.

The woman that helped me (Karen, I think?) on two of my three visits, was very sweet and even though it was crowded both times she helped me, she took the time to pack the fudge nicely in a box and provided a knife. On my other visit, though the man that helped me was nice enough, he put my fudge in a bag and as it was a hot day, it got a little soft and slightly melted in the bag, which was a bit of a drag. Minor problem, though, and now that I know I would request a box if somebody else helped me.

Overall, a lovely place and I hope to visit again.

Weatherford, Texas
“Quaint Candy Store”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wonderful old time candy store with every kind of candy you can imagine. Kids love it. Only problem is that it is too popular! Was very crowded and hard to maneuver around to see all the candy.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank fwlady
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fudge!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a very hard time narrowing our selection down; everything looked so great. My husband and I ended up choosing 6 pieces of fudge to share and they were all very delicious. Definitely worth the calories.

Visited May 2013