“Romantic place, wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Verde Inn

Monte Verde Inn
Ranked #19 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Romantic place, wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had planned our trip to Carmel as a surprise for my boyfriend and from my email to confirm our booking (I had booked a couple of months in advance, online, so thought it would be smart to confirm nearer our arrival), I was impressed. I was emailed back immediately and they included a "we hope your boyfriend enjoys the surprise" (I had mentioned in my original booking that it was a gift for him).

Upon arrival we were greeted with appetizers and glasses of wine, a map, all sorts of helpful information / recommendations, and an offer to put a log on the fire if we felt like relaxing in the back courtyard once we'd dropped off our bags (which we did).

The room was small but charming, tastefully decorated, clean, and an electric fire was already running when we walked in (the bed was also very comfortable!)

Each morning we received a breakfast basket; hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, fresh pastries and juice - loved that!

A block up Ocean at the Carmel Coffee Roasting Company is a great place to get a latté (though there's also a coffee maker in the room), and a couple of blocks down Ocean and you're on the beach.

I'd strongly recommend this place to anyone looking for a budget conscious, romantic vacation in a beautiful town! I'd love to go back, as would my boyfriend!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Rebecca C
Carmel-Inn-Keepers, General Manager at Monte Verde Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Most importantly, I'm very happy to hear that you and your boyfriend had a fantastic time!
As a traveler myself I'm very keen on fine detail and I sincerely appreciate your warmth for detail and the special touches. As the Manager of the Monte Verde Inn, I truely consider our guests my friends. While I did not get a chance to meet you on this trip, I'm sure our paths will cross again.
All the best to you!

Please visit again soon!

Warm regards,

Leora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Monte Verde Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly and informative upon our arrival. We stayed in the family suite for 4 which had 2 double beds and a sunroom with a daybed. The bathroom had been recently redone with a huge tube plus standing shower. The breakfast basket every morning was a wonderful surprise filled with a hearty offerings. Also key was the side parking lot so that you didn't have to worry about parking meters etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank rove77
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Finally I got my family to leave the oven at home and do a new Thanksgiving ala Carmel. The best part of this new adventure was the Monte Verde. The darling Toile decorated room with 3 beds, the claw tub, the lush robes, and best of all....the bountiful complimentary breakfast left on our front door with a simple knock was endless! We are thankful and look forward to this being a tradition. The staff and General Manager were so thoughtful. Monte Verde is my home away from home FOREVER,

Room Tip: Book directly
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yvonnedetert
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great time at this little place! The staff was very friendly and the evening reception was a great chance to meet some of the other couples at the hotel. They offered us a free bottle of wine and the sherry in the room was tasty as well. The location was great, just off the main street (Ocean) and walking distance to everything. It was a great pleasure to get breakfast in bed each morning! It was nice to relax and not worry about that first thing in the morning.

The rooms are a little small but why would you want to stay in the room? The walls might be a little thin for some people but we didn't notice the other guests.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small and the bottom floors might be noisy because of the customers above you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CaptainSpizzo
Carmel-Inn-Keepers, General Manager at Monte Verde Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful reviews.
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear such nice and positive words not just about our property but also about our staff. Thank you!
We hope that you all return very soon and remember your not just our guests...your our friends.
all the best!

Leora Sanchez
Inn Manager
SanFrancisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriends and I (party of 3) needed a great place to stay. Comfortable accomodations for 3
adults can be hard. We stayed in a room," the family suite".This room has 2 Queen beds, very
comfortable,good linens, and a twin daybed.The Queens are large so can also be shared. The daybed is in another area, so you can have privacy but close to the main bedroom. Very nice updated bathroom with freestanding tub and seperate shower.
The bathroom is all travertine stone. 2 TV's if you need.Cute little electric fireplace. A very nice continental breakfast is brought to your door step
in the morning. Fresh fruit, ham and cheese croisants, muffins, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, beverages.
You are in the heart of Carmel. Close to the beach, 1 block from Ocean Avenue where all the restaurants and shops are. Park, check in, no need to drive anywhere.
Bonus, on the weekends, wine and tasty apps are served complimentary in the early evening. With a bonus, Larry plays guitar and is very knowledgable about the area.Thanks to Sue for the delicious sage and gruyere bread pudding. The front desk is Very helpful too. Prices are good for the area.
All good , go!

Room Tip: The website and the front desk will be very helpful in choosing your room. This is a small Inn, the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debi S
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I didn't even stay here but I have to give a huge shout out to the staff. My husband and I had spent the week in San Francisco for business and traveled down the PCH as I was dying to see Carmel and Big Sur (having never been to CA before). We were going to travel back up to spend the night by the airport for our early morning flight but after arriving in Carmel we decided to stay and explore as it's so charming. We stopped at the Monte Verde Inn to inquire about a room but we were told they were sold out but they invited us to sit on their porch and gave us a list of all the inns to call. They circled their favorite ones and knew which ones might have availability and best of all they gave us a complimentary glass of red wine and coffee and kahlua. They could not have been more sweet and helpful. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Carmel. We ended up staying at the Horizon Inn, which was very lovely and spacious and they gave us a beautiful picnic basket of delicious breakfast items as they knew we had to leave so early in the morning. Bottom line, the inns in Carmel are the way to go. Something tells me they're all terrific.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank las61
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night during a drive through California. We arrived at the Inn later than check-in time and they had left a little note for us under the floor mat with clear directions to our room as well as a key. The room itself was very cute, however, very small. Not a lot of space for 2 people. A side table was set up in the bathroom for the coffee maker. We had a small balcony but it looked right into the building next to us. However, amazing complimentary breakfast came with it (croissants, buns, great juice, yogurt and fruit) and the staff are spectacularly nice. A plus is that it has free wifi. Given the area and season, it was a relatively good price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family