“Wow! What an expensive dissapointment and a let down!”
Review of Adobe Inn

Adobe Inn
Ranked #16 of 25 Carmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This Inn is in a great location and the rooms are very spacious but the cub appeal is very poor and as you walk to your room on the shabby and dreary indoor outdoor carpet and the colorless void of flowers and decorative plants outdoor walkways you say to yourself ....I just spent $400 a night to stay in this dive! Once you open the door to the room there is a bit of a sigh of relief but not by much. The rooms are big and have been redone but they are no where near the level of decor and comfort to warrant the proprietor lifting over 4 bills from my wallet.

Oh also the outside deck chairs and sitting area on the balcony was filthy. I almost ruined my white shirt and had to use a wet towel to clean the layer of dirt of the arms and chair tops as well as the well woven cobwebs that had been there awhile.

I feel duped by the website and the marketing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobnors
There are newer reviews for Adobe Inn

Reviewed April 21, 2010

This visit to the Adobe Inn in Carmel was ever as pleasant as my previous visits and I further discovered how convenient it is to many amenities. The Adobe Inn is in a quiet residential area and yet only two short blocks to Ocean Avenue with its myriad of shops and restaurants. Within these two short blocks there are a few convenient restaurants and shops. There is a grocery store about a block away, which I find convenient to shop for some snacking items and anything requiring refrigeration can be conveniently stored in the refrigeration unit in the room, a decided plus, which is integral with a convenient bar area. The rooms are exceptionally clean and more spacious than others I've stayed at in the area. Since my last visit, the French Cream Restaurant has opened on the premise with excellent cuisine and the lounge includes a cozy sitting area complete with fireplace. Relaxing entertainment that usually includes a jazz pianist or guitarist on weekends is only a block away. For livelier entertainment there is dinner music and a karaoke lounge just a short ride to the end of the street.

Due to a premium on space in the area, many inns/hotels have parking spaces that can be limited in size. On my visits to the area, I am constantly on the go and back and forth between the many area sights and the place I'm staying and I particularly appreciate and find very convenient the large underground parking area at the Adobe Inn with good sized spaces for all guests. It is the only place with underground parking and I find my vehicle stays cleaner due to protection from the elements. The best attribute of the Adobe Inn is the friendly staff who make you feel like family and I have found them very attentive in a timely manner to the many requests that I make. And they will deliver complimentary breakfast to your room at your requested time. For a quiet place that is close to many amenities, the Adobe Inn is truly outstanding and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Our experience staying at the Adobe Inn was wonderful. The location was very accomodating everything was within walking distance not to mention we were literally next door to Fresh Cream (great restaurant). The personnel was very attentive and curteous. The room was clean, spacious and had a fireplace. This was most defiantely a charming place to have a nice get away. I highly recommend the Adobe Inn.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Having stayed at the Adobe Inn in the past, we were very impressed with the newly- renovated rooms. The service and desire to please demonstated by the staff of the inn made our stay very pleasurable. The new restaurant, "Fresh Cream", located at the Adobe Inn, just a few steps from our room, certainly enhanced our experience. We would highly recommend staying at the Adobe Inn and we plan to return in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Adobe Inn. The staff were kind, friendly, helpful, and considerate. Any problems or questions were immediately addressed.The room was spacious, inviting, and comfortable. The breakfast delivered to the room was quite adequate. The hotel was nicely located in a quiet area.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I made reservations @ the Adobe Inn not knowing what to expect. The room was very spacious,cozy and clean with a patio that overlooked a tiny portion of the ocean. The gardens were beautiful and well maintained. The Adobe Inn is within walking distance to "downtown" Carmel.
Most of all I wanted to comment on the friendly staff, they went out of their way to please us.
I will definitely return and will also recommend the Adobe Inn to my friends and family. The price was was perfect for us.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2010

we found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful! We were very pleased with their suggestions for restaurants and directions to our next destiation.