“Adobe Inn is quaint, relaxing, charming, spacious & gracious!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adobe Inn

Adobe Inn
Ranked #17 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Dublin, California
“Adobe Inn is quaint, relaxing, charming, spacious & gracious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is my 2nd time staying at The Adobe Inn in Carmel. I will return because this place offers great value for money, charm, sophistication and beauty! I especially like the friendliness of the staff. Both times I checked in very late and they made sure we felt welcome and invited. The rooms are huge and tastefully decorated. The grounds are full of plants/flowers, which makes the atmosphere beautiful and peaceful. Comfy beds, chairs, fireplaces and decks make lounging around enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try for a room oceanside
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mjs044

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lodi, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of coming across this hotel by chance as it is smack dab in the middle of Carmel by the sea. My girlfriend and I decided to stay here and this is most likely the only place we will stay from here on out. We have stayed at many other places in the area and this one takes the cake. Free on-site parking, in room fireplace, and pool/sauna is just the beginning. The rooms were large, clean, and quite modern with all the amenities we needed. Beds were comfy and they even deliver complimentary fresh fruit, muffins, cereal etc. to your room in the morning upon request! Location just can not be beat as we walked to every restaurant in town, and were treated like family by all of the staff. Speaking of dining, you need not look to far as Fresh Cream, one of Carmel's premier restaurants is on site! We stumbled back to our room after some great wine and a huge meal. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank PEstes
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. When I arrived, I was a wee bit disappointed by a small glitch, and the staff took about 90 seconds to make everything right for me. I felt very welcome and commenced to have about the best three day vacation ever. For breezes, light, and/or sea views, I especially recommend the upper floors, which are just exquisite. The beds were so comfy, everything was so clean and elegant, and the staff was wonderful. The location is unbeatable, just five minutes' walk from the Carmel Bay and two minutes' walk from all the best restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank travelhound47
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed at the Adobe with my wife and two young children. The hotel was in a great location, the room was huge and clean. The family loved the breakfast brought to the room each morning. The manager and all staff where extremely courteous and helpful.

My only negative read that our room, number 39, was directly above the swing door of the restaurant below and the door would bang from 7am while breakfast was being prepared

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Fubes
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was huge. Perfect for a family. One BR had king bed, second had 2 queens. Each had a bathroom and a terrace. The room was clean and reasonably modern. The beds were comfortable. We were on 2d floor and did not hear any noise. The service was good. Nothing "above and beyond", but friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. Why 4 stars rather than 5? Close call, but: (1) they start breakfast service at 8:30 a.m. -- should be available earlier -- most hotels/inns would start at 7 or thereabout; (2) one of the two balconies was covered with cobwebs. They should keep the balconies relatively clean; and (3) they had a special advertised price but did not offer me that price until I asked for it specifically -- instead they initially quoted the higher rack rate -- I would prefer that when I call a hotel and enquire about rates, I am offered the lowest available rates. HOWEVER, these are relatively minor issues and I would gladly stay at this property again. For a family who wants a good location and lots of space, it is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank onekbear
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

We really were impressed to find this lovely Inn in downtown Carmel. Very clean, well appointed rooms and wonderful friendly staff. The breakfast brought to our room was delicious. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judy33208
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I wish I had read some of the negative reviews before my boyfriend and I decided to stay here. First off, they charge you ahead of time before you even get there. We decided to splurge and get the king size room with the fireplace and balcony. Apparently, the room's fireplace was not working at hadn't been working all week. This was confirmed only AFTER we had checked in and got settled into the room.

I asked why no one had told us about this ahead a time. (At least we could have decided if we wanted to stay and pay for a room with a broken fireplace or find other accommodations.) It was too late to race around town and find alternate accommodations, so we stayed. Plus, we had already been charged and it was non-refundable. I asked if we could get a portion of our money back - since we paid extra for a room with a non-working fireplace. We were not given a discount. I asked to speak with the manager. No luck there either. While my boyfriend and I were still staying there, I kept asking for resolution. I requested a call back from the manager during and after our stay. No one has called back. I've called them back several times since - the manager is either on his day off, coming in late, or at "lunch". Obviously they are just hoping we tire ourselves out and give up. (And as I write this, I must say I can't muster the energy to call back and get the next lame excuse.)

We were so disappointed - as we were really looking forward to a romantic little getaway. The fireplace situation was very disappointing, but the part that really upset me the most was their false advertising, unwillingness to make a wrong situation right, and complete lack of concern for the entire matter. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple