My family of four spent four days at the Horizon Inn the week of 09 July 2005. We had a fabulous time.
Now, there are lodging choices that will provide better amenities, better views, but few can provide a better value. The rooms were clean; we opted for two rooms, connected by an adjoining door. Our kids roughed it in a room with two queen beds, and my wife and I enjoyed our king bed. The linens are clean and the decorating choice is muted, but rich in a subtle way. The bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast consists of a straw basket placed outside the door before 8 a.m...tho we arranged to have baskets provided the night before so we could make an early morning surfing trip up to Santa Cruz. The granola was fine, but the pastries do tend to be a bit dried out. The fresh juice and fruit is a healthful touch.
The location is at the top of the hill, on the outskirts of "downtown," but a short five to 10 minute walk down to all the shops and restaurants.
The location is convenient to Pacific Coast Hwy, tho the traffic to Carmel Valley can get a bit backed up at times. For families, there is a laundermat just a half block outside the Inn complex. The location was quiet and a good haven for a restful night's sleep. We never experienced any noise during our four nights there.
The kitchenette area is clean, with a microwave, mini-fridge (very cold) and cabinets stocked with plates, cups and flatware. Perfect for heating up and storing dinner leftovers.
Dined at the Hog's Breadth Inn, Tutto Mondo and Flaherty's. All good solid choices, tho our favorite was the Hog's Breadth, with a first-rate Salmon dish and Banana Bread Pudding to die for, so say my wife. (Now that I reminded her of it, she says she is craving it.) Tutto Mondo had good food, but is boisterous and patrons are "shoehorned" in tight seats. The chow makes up for this tough.
We highly recommend the Horizon Inn for families and for value-minded travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious & attractive rooms, some with balconies, partial to full ocean views, stone fireplace and jacuzzis. Outdoor spa w/FP. Free Continental Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Ocean View Lodge Rooms are pet-friendly cottage like suites with wood burning fireplaces and separate master bedroom. Cont. Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Both properties are non-smoking and offer 100% off-street parking. Ask about our economical pet-friendly Annex rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Inn And Ocean View Lodge
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Hotel Carmel