My husband and I drove up from San Diego for our honeymoon with our two 100 lbs Akitas and checked in at a hotel we had stayed at before with our dogs. We then learned that they were no longer pet friendly and were unwilling to make any accomodations. We would have happily paid for cleaning and all the other associated costs of bringing your pets with you, but they weren't interested. As I tried to negotiate a refund with the hotel and Expedia, my husband was trying to find another place to stay. Enter Horizon Inn. Lacey, John, and Pam couldn't have been nicer. We ended up with a lovely cottage with an ocean view, jacuzzi tub (used that every day), fireplace (used that at least once a day), a daily breakfast picnic basket, and perhaps the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. They had biscuits for our dogs and there were even dog bowls in the room. We've already planned our return trip in December. I would recommend Horizon Inn and Ocean View Cottages to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable luxury in the heart of downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea. We are a family owned and operated business. Spacious & attractive rooms, some with balconies, partial to full ocean views, stone fireplace and jacuzzis. Outdoor spa w/FP. Free Continental Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Ocean View Lodge Rooms are pet-friendly cottage like suites with wood burning fireplaces and separate master bedroom. Cont. Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Both properties are non-smoking and offer 100% off-street parking. Ask about our economical pet-friendly Annex rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Hotel Carmel
- Horizon Inn And Ocean View Lodge