We weren't looking for a palatial retreat nor did we want a cheesy motel with neon to match, we found and enjoyed the Horizon Inn.
Part of our holiday included a couple of nights in Carmel and the Horizon Inn ticked all the boxes. Clean, tidy, quiet and just off the beaten track we were fortunate to get a room with full sized balcony, a bed big enough to cross 2 time zones and a separate dressing/wardrobe area. All this with a view over the rooftops of Carmel and the Pacific Ocean. The room did have microwave oven facilities that it really didn't need as breakfast was provided each morning courtesy of the breakfast fairy who left picnic basket with croissants or danish, fruit, cereal and milk etc. outside our door every morning.
Check in and out was a breeze with polite and attentive staff whose local knowledge was excellent regarding various restaurants and local amenities, all served up with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable luxury in the heart of downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea. We are a family owned and operated business. Spacious & attractive rooms, some with balconies, partial to full ocean views, stone fireplace and jacuzzis. Outdoor spa w/FP. Free Continental Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Ocean View Lodge Rooms are pet-friendly cottage like suites with wood burning fireplaces and separate master bedroom. Cont. Brkfst to room. Free WiFi. Both properties are non-smoking and offer 100% off-street parking. Ask about our economical pet-friendly Annex rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Inn & Ocean View Hotel Carmel
- Horizon Inn And Ocean View Lodge