What a lovely hotel. We hadn't realised it is in the Johansens guide until we arrived. Beautiful rooms and very tranquil.
We stopped at Carmel for 2 nights.
They recommended a restaurant called Grasing's which was superb.
Lots of smart shops and an attractive beach.
Carmel was a bit colder than we were expecting and the Pacific Coast Highway down from San Francisco was disappointing. It was worth the 30 minute drive further south to Big Sur, during which we saw what we were expecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace your true Zen with a stay at Tradewinds Carmel. Featured as one of Architectural Digest’s most glamorous hotels, one of Forbes Travel Guide’s best small hotels, and voted as one of the world’s top inns by Coastal Living, our Carmel luxury hotel combines the elegant with the relaxing, offering tranquil surroundings and views of the Pacific Ocean. Indulge yourself in fine Egyptian cotton linens and luxurious goose down feather beds, pillows, and comforters. Experience spectacular ocean views, the luxury of spa tubs, fireplaces, Japanese tansu wetbars and vanities, antique and custom designed furniture from Bali and China, silk pillows, custom lighting, fine bath amenities, CD players, wireless high-speed internet access, fresh orchids and bamboo fountains. Pet friendly and dog friendly rooms available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel