We just stayed in a "Partial View" King with a private balcony, fireplace and jetted tub. It was on the top floor, I think it was room #6. Including tax this room was over $400. The positives: The hotel is in a good location just a few blocks UP hill from the main shopping/restaurant area. The staff was very nice. The room is nicely laid out and decorated with quality linens etc. The strawberries are a thoughtful touch. The negatives: The property is actually an old motel and seems dated even though they have done the most with what they had to work with. The "View" is only had from standing on a a corner of the balcony as other reviews have noted, NOT worth the $$$ IMO. The bed was very, very soft and we had sore backs in the am (personal opinion.) The room is average size with an average size bath. The breakfast was nothing special just fruit, yoplait yogurt and toast/bagels/muffins. There was some room noise. Overall, this is a nice property but, we wouldnt spend $350-$400 to stay here again as there as so many other great choices in Carmel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel