First, I would start by saying that the staff at the Tradewinds is as friendly as I would expect from anyone in the “hospitality” industry. Everyone from the front desk personnel to the young man who showed us to our room helped to kick off a great start to a two-day stay in Carmel. A couple of complimentary chocolate covered strawberries didn’t hurt : )
The property is Asian themed, well maintained and the room was clean and ready for us when we arrived. My girlfriend, our pup, and I stayed in the least expensive room on the property, which still ran us a little under $300/night. Size-wise, the room was fairly standard. Not tiny, not large. Our room was on the bottom floor located very close to the front desk as well as the breakfast area, which does serve a continental breakfast every morning from 8-10.
I can only speak on the room we stayed in so things may be different elsewhere on the property. It was a bit noisy in that we were able to somewhat loudly hear the footsteps of both people and pet in the unit above us as well as what seemed to be furniture being moved. It was enough to wake us multiple times during the night.
Bottom line: The Tradewinds in Carmel is a nice property with a very friendly staff and approximately five short blocks to the main street full of shops and restaurants. If you decide to stay, you might want to ask for an upper level room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel