We stayed there for 4 nights and it was absolutely perfect. After the hustle and bustle of downtown San Fransisco we wanted somewhere quiet and relaxing to unwind for a few days before heading home. What a perfect choice this was. Of course Carmel itself is a beautiful place but to find such a treasure as Tradewinds was a real bonus. Having stayed in ShangriLa Hotels across Asia we thought we had walked into their latest addition! The decor and furnishings were beautiful and luxurious and we love the asian feel this place has and it seems to exude a sense or tranquility when you sit down to relax in your room. Many smalll nice touches exist which other reviewers have mentioned so I will skip the details here. The staff were great and very helpful with recommendations on where to go and where to eat. Breakfast was a good buffet mix and anybody who is in desperate need of a cooked breakfast can head to one of the many eateries nearby, but for us the choice was more than satisfactory. It's not easy to find such well maintained and nicely thought out private accommodation like this. This is a real treasure. If we ever get back to this area again we will definitely stay at Tradewinds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary, Mediterranean - 3 blocks from Ocean Ave. on a quiet residential street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel