“Great dinner here!!”
Review of Athena Cafe - CLOSED

Athena Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife found this place while we at a small shopping center on Carmel Valley Road. The reviews looked good so we decided to have dinner here. Their food was fresh and plentiful. Being a small place, our waiter Mike (who is the owner) greeted everyone that came in by name! You really don't see that anymore so it was really nice to experience that! You've got to eat here!

1  Thank Sid k

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I come to the Carmel area at least once a year and being from the central valley love the beauty as well as the climate. Over the years we have developed certain restaurants as our favorites. We now have a new one to add to our list. Athena Cafe has great Greek food and the small, quiet atmosphere is perfect after a day of window shopping and sight seeing.

I had the special which was rack of lamb and my wife had the chicken kabobs. My lamb came with mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. The lamb was cooked perfectly medium rare with a very nice reduction sauce over the top. The potatoes were very good but the vegetables were a perfect al dente. My wife's chicken came with rice and a Greek salad. She loved it. I know previous reviewers thought there might be too much garlic but that certainly was not the case for her dish.

Prices were good and service was timely and friendly. We recommend it but selfishly hope not too many people rush out to it because we so much like the quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great little spot in the valley.
I only had the gyros sandwich with salad, but it was awesome... As was the salad ... Will be back... Menu looks great and super great atmosphere.
Love it

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This quaint hole in the wall in carmel valley is delicious. The service is wonderful with a very jovial, and friendly smile form the owner every time.

Delicious traditional Greek salad! The Greek salad with grilled salmon is yummy, as is the falafel, hummus, and tsaziki.

The Greek burger is awesome as well with feta and pesto! But, when it comes to dessert and you're completely full, I recommend getting the Baklava, it just finishes the meal perfectly no matter what you had!

The restroom is around the corner, but is accessible by wheelchair.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were delightfully surprised at the food. We ordered out, went back to our hotel room, and dived into the food. Really good. Don't hesitate to eat here.