“WARNING about 72 hour prior cancel”

Carmel Fireplace Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Turlock, ca
“WARNING about 72 hour prior cancel”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked this reservation through Travel Zoo for the great price of $69.00 per night for their smallest room. Of course for Carmel this we thought was an unblievable deal. Please read below my experience with reservations. We didn't actually stay there but please read my WARNING below and I hope this helps my fellow Trip Advisor friends...Dave

Room Tip: We were scheduled to stay at the Fireplace Inn at Carmel in errly May. Due to a knee injury I called...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DaveTurlock_ca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alpaugh
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was on an annual trip with my two sisters and a sister-in-law and this was a very fun, relaxing place to stay. Room was immaculate; fireplace was a nice addition. All staff was very friendly. Within walking distance to some very nice restaurants and a great breakfast cafe.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 27. Close to office and exit to sidewalk, but still private.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank curtve
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was on a vacation celebrating my birthday in CA and decided to stay my last night in Carmel before heading to San Francisco the next morning to catch a flight home. I thoroughly enjoyed the Fireplace Inn. The room was adorable. It was very clean and cozy. There was a fireplace with gas logs that gave a very nice ambiance. It is conveniently located within walking distance of all the main attractions and the beautiful beach.. The rates are reasonable and the staff is very friendly and helpful.If you are looking for a fun quaint place to stay this is it! I will be going back next time I am in California...

Room Tip: I stayed in the San Antonio room which is on the bottom floor, but from what I could tell all of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fremont, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff here was outstanding and made us feel very welcome. The lady that greeted us even showed us to our room. I was there with a friend and our two small dogs. The dogs got a welcome treat and a clean, ironed sheet to lay over the bed so that they could sleep on the bed (mine didn't). The room was the perfect size for us with two separate beds in two separate areas. We had some chairs to sit and chat in front of the fireplace and to enjoy our complimentary wine and chocolate (a Social Living deal - may not normally be included). We had in-room coffee, a little frig, and a microwave. The place is just quaint and homey. We really enjoyed our stay and would return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teddy008
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights at Carmel Fire Place Inn. We (2 adults and 3 children) stayed in Dolores cottage #2. Before I booked I tried to find a review of the cottage but only found the hotel rooms reviewed.
We were very dissappointed with the cottage and would not recommend staying here. Firstly the fireplace is "plug - in" plastic screen type. Complete waste of space and rather ironic as the cottage states it has a fire place???? The cottage was clean but very old. There is a very small but functional kitchen. The big problem for a family is there is no kitchen table. I cooked a beautiful meal of chilli muscles and we all sat on the floor around a tiny coffee table to eat it! There is an outside area which was dirty and full of splinters and for us unusable due to the weather.
We paid almost $320 per night (not including taxes) for this shack. If we had paid $200 we would have been satisfied. Management did offer to upgrade us when I said how dissapointed we were and how missleading the advertising of the cottage was. The upgraded cottage was newer and bigger and had a proper fireplace but still no dining table. If we upgraded my teenagers would have had to share a double bed so they opted to stay in the smaller cottage.
The location was great for the beach and the town.

Room Tip: would not stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bradney3

Travelers are raving about these Carmel hotels

Sacramento
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Carmel Fireplace Inn in March, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The Inn is quaint, and bit funky, with pleasant rooms and wonderful staff. The Inn offers a very god continental breakfast, and an average port treat in the afternoon. The Inn is ideally located, and is within walking distance to every restaurant, store, and gallery you'll want to visit. Have a wonderful time in Carmel-By-The-Sea. We always do!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeasonTraveler2007
Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Don't expect a typical B&B. That's not to say that it was bad it was just different. Carmel is charming but nothing is new, That's part of the charm. Even the chain names are the old style motels. With that in mind, this place is out of the fifties. The location is perfect for walking to the village area, just a few blocks. The room was very clean, adequate size. The bathroom in the queen/tub unit is very small and lacking in hooks to hang anything. The gas fireplace makes up for all the inadequacies.It was on everytime we were in the room! The grounds and gardens were just ok. The parking lot had fewer spaces than rooms but there is free parking on the side street. The breakfast room is nice but small. The breakfast had fresh muffins and breads with fruit and juice, no meat. I borrowed a VHS (yes I said VHS) for the VCR and we watched a movie one night. All in all it was a good stay. I didn't notice any other lodging that I thought looked any better than this!

Room Tip: The King rooms may be larger. They only have 4 rooms that have a tub/shower combo.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple