WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Briarwood Inn

Briarwood Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
La Selva Beach CA
“very good deal and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I took a quick 3 day trip to Carmel (luckily we live only 2 hours away!) and our timing was perfect. Best weather I have ever seen there and I have lived in and around the area 40 years! Even if it was the usual Carmel fog and cold we would have liked our room, and then we could have used the fireplace... In an area that rarely gets heat our room was quite 'warm' but it is on a quiet street so we could open up all the windows.
Very clean. Comfy bed. Only 2 outlets to recharge phones etc, time to upgrade. Clean efficient bathroom.
Breakfast starts WAY too late. 8:30?? I have been up 2+ hours by then. Never got to eat it, we went out. At LEAST put the coffee pot on at 6.
Room 44 has a sunset on ocean view thru the trees. Tiny but nice

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed for several days. The rooms are clean and airy, beautifully decorated. Continental breakfasts were the best I've ever had. Exceptionally quaint! Walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Dog friendly, but no tell-tale odors. The yard and flowers were nice. I was very happy and content with our stay. Thank you so much for all of your personal attention.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane D
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our room was spacious and CLEAN! The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our morning breakfast of tasty pastries and fresh, sweet fruit. We were a short, pleasant walk from charming downtown Carmel, fine dining and art galleries galore and a brisk walk from the beautiful beach.
And the weather was perfect!
We plan to stay at the Briarwood Inn again.

Room Tip: Room 41 was bright and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay in the Monterey Carmel area often. I am always looking for a good deal. I found it Briarwood Inn is a great deal and the best place to stay. Price is right for Carmel. Staff very helpful. The new manager is a very nice guy. I stayed in the Mission 5 unite very nice. Once I checked In I can walk all around everything is very close. One last thing this place is very clean.

Room Tip: Ask about the Mission unites
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had a Living Social voucher which I had made a reservation with and I had to cancel at the last minute. These guys really bent over backward to help me out with customer service. Although they didn't have to, they honored another reservation for the next month. The room was very spacious, clean and the bed was great for my back ( I have had surgery to remove a disc). I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but all in all I was very happy with the experience - as everyone else has said also great location.

Room Tip: We were downstairs and could hear footsteps but for me it wasn't bothersome...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snookie13
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in #42 for 2 nights. This room has a queen bed plus a single bed, a fireplace and a little sitting area. Even though this room allows pets and we don't have any, the room was very clean and no smell of pets. The shower had plenty of hot water. You get one parking space for this unit. Although the parking was small, it's very convenient. We parked our car when we arrived and didn't move it until we checked out. The inn is 2 1/2 blocks north of Ocean Ave. So it's far enough from the crowd and noise, but close enough that you can walk everywhere in 5-10 minutes. We spent entire day looking through galleries and shops, went back around 4 to take a resting break, then head out again at 6 to the beach to see the sunset. After that, we still had less than an hour before our dinner reservation at 8:30, so we went back again for another break.

The down side is the soundproof was mediocre. We have a downstairs unit. We can hear footsteps of upstairs guests. You can also hear people talking through the walls. All the guests there during our stay were very good, so no big deal there. By 10-11pm, things were quiet. But if you were a light sleeper like me, you may get awaken to footstep noises in the morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

been awhile since we were in carmel and the last time was at this great B&B same room as this time we brought our dog. carmel is a great town for dog's as a lot of stores and restaurants allow the dogs in the patios. the beach is beautiful white sand and off leash dog beach. the breakfast is included with your room the staff if very helpful and knowable of the town.

Room Tip: look on their web site
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple