“Good way to relax”

Refuge
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Carmel
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Refuge is the first American facility dedicated to Hydro-thermal therapy and offers the ultimate in relaxation that is one of a kind! Truly the best 3 hours in Carmel! Through heating up in our Co-ed Sauna and Steam bath, cooling down in our cold pools and relaxation in indoor relaxation rooms or outdoor areas with fireplaces - you will be relaxed! Massages are available as well!
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good way to relax. next time I would go earlier, bring a book and spend the day. Prepare to chill and do little for the day...

1  Thank CCTaylor490

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Started with a great massage then spent about 3 hours in the refuge. The space is beautifully designed, super clean and serene. The refuge process (hot, cold, relax,...) really works. In between with the hot tubs and some real quiet time and I left feeling SO centered and relaxed!

2  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really loved this. The facility is very nice and clean, the surroundings are perfect and I felt revitalised afterwards! It was perfect and I dream of going back there one day!

2  Thank Ann K
Reviewed September 27, 2012

..I woke up this morning in a relaxed 'zen' state-of-mind, and my significant other sipped his coffee while describing his newfound energy and feeling cleansed of negative energy.

This is an experience like no other! There were moments I almost forgot I was in my own hometown. Upon arrival, we were greeted my relaxed and informative staff. We had several questions because we're new to the hydro-thermal experience....and they are very experienced in making you feel comfortable, and that no question asked is a 'silly' one. Justin also gave us a warm welcome....CVAC is so lucky to have him!

We arrived near sunset which was a perfect time to see and appreciate the beautiful and pristine landscaping while the day turns into night. The attention to detail in this facility is incredible, from the mountain lodge feel and scents of cedar around, the various choices of hot and cold pools, the most 'unique' steam room with light therapy I have EVER entered (and I have been in many steam rooms), the biggest sauna, the tranquil setting of firepits throughout, and the new age sounds in the relaxation room accompanied by zero gravity chairs. My guest was in that room so long, I had to go and retrieve him because I thought he fell asleep...

The exhilaration and euphoria you feel after exiting the cold pools is something I can't quite describe. You would just have to experience it for yourself. We were both intimidated by them initially, each time, during each cycle we emerged deeper and longer. Today, we are really reaping the health benefits....awesome!

Aaaaahhh, thank you Refuge,
Liana Tagami & Martin Sconduto

5  Thank Liana T
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The outdoor pools were well placed and the facility very nice. The only problem for me was the wood burning stove which seemed to have no real benefit except smoke. It wasn't even in a position for people to put their feet up if there was a fire. The contrast of the cold and hot pools was a great experience. I did think the sauna and hot pools could have been hotter.

2  Thank TaskImpossible