“Ok stay at Carmel Resort Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carmel Resort Inn

Carmel Resort Inn
Ranked #24 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Cairo, Egypt
“Ok stay at Carmel Resort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stopped here for one night driving from San Francisco to Santa Barbara and thought it would be a good place to spend the night. We opted for Carmel because of its proximity to Big Sur, but in retrospect I would recommend you stay at Monterey which is a 10 min drive away.

We arrived at night and it was pitch dark. The huts are amidst many trees so it was a bit creepy to come in down a small lane in the dark. Although we were in May, it was extremely cold and in addition to the heater in the hut we had to ask for an additional heater. The bathroom was freezing.

The huts are quaint, you park right outside the door, and walk into a little foyer before waling into the bedroom. The huts could do with some renovation and cleaning. I did not feel the bedding was very clean because of how old it was.

It looked much better in the morning though - perhaps if we had arrived by morning it would not have felt as creepy.

Breakfast was cute in a little basket, but it was not excpetional. Yoghurt, fruit, juice and pastries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at Carmel Resort Inn on May 2nd and 3rd. We also brought with us friends who occupied another room for two nights.

Twenty minutes after leaving, already on the road to Sacramento, my wife realized that she had left her blue silk scarf, a gift of her late mother, hanging on the closet of the room where we stayed.

We immediately called the hotel and talked with the clerk of the front desk. He promised to look for the scarf. On our second call, he acknowledged the maid had found the scarf so we asked him if it would be possible for him to mail the scarf to our address in Laguna Beach, CA. charging the expenses to my credit card. He said yes, so we proceeded the trip, as we were going to Lake Tahoe, a long drive ahead of us that day, and it was too late to turn around.

Twenty days later, when we arrived home, we were surprised to notice that the scarf hadn’t arrived. We called the hotel again, and the front desk, this time a lady called Ana, promised to send the scarf to us.

From May through October 2012, when I'm writing this review we haven't any sign that our request has been looked after.

It is very disappointing to realize that after so many calls (five or six) and so many promises, nothing was done to satisfy a customer. It looks like dishonesty. We wouldn’t have asked such a favor if it were not for sentimental reasons, as the scarf has almost no material value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Trygve S

Travelers are raving about these Carmel hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at this property. The cottages are quaint and the walls are thin, but it was a wonderful experience with a VERY pleasant staff. They have dog-friendly cottages available and also provide a small patch of grass in a park-like setting for the pet relief area. I would definitely recommend staying here with your pooch!
They also deliver a nice little continental breakfast in a basket to your door in the morning. My pup and I needed to check out as early as possible the morning we left and they made sure our breakfast was delivered first so that we didn't miss out. It was a much appreciated effort and that extra bit of service missing from so many places these days. I hope to return to Cambria again someday. If I do, I'll definitely stay here again. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Londrina, PR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel is OK, the rooms are very big - if you are travelling with a big family, it will be good for you. It´s clean. Not so near the city, you´ll have to have a car. BUT DON´T FORGET ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS THERE. I´ll tell you why I´m so upset with the service. My daughter forgot a pair of shoes there , but we only noticed that 2 days after leaving the hotel. Since we were in San Francisco, I asked the concierge to check it for me. After calling them for 2 days, they found the shoes. At that time, I was in my way back to Brazil, I called them and asked them to send it to a friends’ house in Florida. They asked for my credit card number to send it, BUT THEY DIDN´T. I sent them a lot of e-mails and they still didn´t answered me. Yesterday I called them AGAIN from Brazil, gave my credit card number AGAIN and also sent them another e-mail asking them to PLEASE ANSWER ME. Until now, no answer. So I decided to write this review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Fresno, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We needed a room in Carmel for a family reunion. This is a property near downtown Carmel that consists of multiple one-room cottages. It's a great location and charming idea, however poorly executed. Our bed was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean enough except for the disgusting shower which was stained and filthy with soap residue. The cottages are heated with fireplaces, but we were unable to find how to turn the thing on and FROZE our tails off all night. There was no staff on duty at night to call once we realized the issue. They did deliver a nice breakfast basket of yogurt, fruit & muffins in the morning. This could be a fantastic set-up with a little TLC.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank iwannag0there
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We checked in and got a nice room with queen bed; room had a microwave and mini fridge, fireplace, small table and chairs. This is an old property, but our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast delivered on time at 8:15, big muffin, big croisaant, two yogurts, banana, two tangerines, two juices, coffee maker in room. Property is close to downtown, but not within easy walking distance. Dinner in town was great at Demetra Cafe, careful, big portions. We had driven north on the coast highway, and it was dark when we went past Point Lobos, so we went back the next day, it was wonderful. I couldn't believe that I booked our room for $59.00! Pay more if you want for bells and whistles, but this property was very comfortable for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
long island ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

we had book our honeymoon at this place, and were scheduled to arrive on monday october 29th we are coming from NY . Hurricane Sandy is scheduled to hit our area sometime between sunday evening and monday evening so our flight was canceled and we were unable to get anotherone out until at least thursday. I called the hotel to let them know what our situation was and that i needed to cancel our reservation , there is no way for us to get to california by monday. I spoke to "Ricky" who was not only unsimpithetic to our having to cancel our honeymoon but he was also very rude and told me that he was still going to charge me a cancelation fee! i could not believe he said that so i explained again that we are unable to get there because of a major storm, he said thats not my problem im still charging you. Needless to say when i rebook for next week it will NOT be here!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple