“Pleasant Suprise”

Ranked #24 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
los angeles,ca
“Pleasant Suprise”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Found out at 3 pm that I needed to find a hotel to stay for the night, with my dog. I booked this becase it was pet friendly and incredibly reasonable. I was pleasantly surprised by the the cottages, staff and close distance from the main street of Carmel. Cottage was warm, cozy and clean. Clerk at the desk was friendly and made us a reservation for that evening at the restaurant of our choice. From now on, I will stay at this hotel when visiting in Carmel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank susiestar69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fresno, California
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We really enjoyed staying here. It was very quiet and confortable. My mom,myself, sister, aunt, and cousins stayed the first time. My mom and stepdad have since been back and stayed a week. Now my husband and I are going for the weekend and I'm sure we will all be back again. It is a wonderful place to stay and it is close to the beach. Great service as well.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RIK2006
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Had reservation different hotel, saw Vacancy sign stopped. Anna, Property Mgr., went over & above to accomodate us. Canceled other reservation stayed 3 nites.
Each am Continential Brekfast Basket delivered to our door-WOW. Lots of good stuff,too. Clean, cozy,quiet, well maintained cottage with gas fireplace was just Great.
Service from staff through out was good.
Familiar with Monterey Pennisula properties but Carmel Resort Inn could be Best kept secret in Monterey Bay area.
Great Experience will be back !

Room Tip: Stay in the back for quiet area
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carizozo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Booked a while ago, then read recent reviews, ............ and NOW its Clean, Efficient, Helpful, Comfortable, Peaceful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nik2011_11
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The name is kind of deceiving as "Resort" would suggest something in the lines of R&R and not sometime closer to a Motel. The good news is that yes there's a fireplace in the room and you have cable TV.The bed was soft but serviceable.

Now for the bad news. Yep this place is in major need of a facelift. The place was damp (as most hotel rooms in the area would likely be so close to the ocean. The worst thing was the restrooms which stunk and did not have sufficient water pressure. At least we didn't run out of hot water.

You are close enough to things in town so that you could walk into it, but I can't suggest it since there are no street lights or sidewalks in the residential areas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davensd
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We recently stayed at the Carmel Resort Inn. The inn is located off the beaten track in a residential neighborhood but is very private. It does not have all the amenities of a hotel but we were looking for a different type of experience. The cottages are old but ours was clean and our cottage had the best location on the premises. There was a side yard with a table and chairs. We especially enjoyed the fireplace in the room. it was a nice touch to have a basket of muffins, croissant, yogurt and juices delivered in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MKR5
Redwood City, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I could not stay one night in this resort (absurd name for this place). I was there with my son for a local golf event. The room smelled very bad of water and mold damage. The room itself was pretty bad as well. The furniture and appliances were VERY old and worn. The quenn size bed and fold out couch was beaten up and had an aweful musty smell.

When I confronted the front desk, I was told that they were not going to refund my money because I booked the room on line. I told the front desk person that the rooms were old, smelly and worn and that is the reason I was not going to stay. The manager was very mean and rude and made an ugly scene in front of my young son. I offered to go with him to see the room but he declined and walked away yelling at me. I can not imagine any of the other rooms in that place are any better. Horrible, horrible place. FYI - The picture shown on the website are NOT what the rooms look like in real life.

Room Tip: The pictures shown on the website are NOT what the rooms look like in real life!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Anderson124

Travelers are raving about these Carmel hotels