“Surprised!”

Bahama Island Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carmel Valley Rd.
Elk Grove, CA
“Surprised!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ok, we were surprised by the name, the food and the prices. We expected a steakhouse and it wasn't quite. We expected an expensive meal and it wasn't. One thing you have to order is the Calypso Garlic Bread, it's VERY, VERY good! Hawaiian “Style” Pulled Pork Rice Bowl: the pork tender and moist. The kids order Teriyaki Skirt Steak Rice Bowls: the flavor was good, but the meat was a little tough, especially on my daughter who has braces. Chipotle Chicken Pasta was excellent. There was just enough "heat" in the aftertaste to make it a great dish. Especially for those who can't handle "hot and spicy" dishes. The sauce was just wonderful! Would definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2012

Fallbrook
“Not exactly overwhelmed”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This restaurant location has gone though many hands over the years and the current one was disappointing. Other than great service the food was mediocre at best,

• Visited December 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Coconut shrimp”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great coconut shrimp and very decent blackened shrimp on my Caesar salad, teh dressing could have been a bit lighter. Wonderful friendly service. The drawback is that the interior is sadly in need of an update, and the dated decor is dark and uninviting.

Visited June 2012
Bordeaux, France
“Open after 8 PM”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

So While Carmel is one of the nations neatest places to visit, it does have one problem. Very few places to dine are open after 8PM. Not all of us are looking for the four o'clock specials. So on my last visit ( business) I found myself in need of a place to dine after 8. Walking around the Barnyard area I found Bahama Islands. Greeted by the owner/ manager as I entered. New this was going to be a friendly dinner. A few other couples in the place, and two others at the bar. In that I was by myself, chose the bar. Picked a nice Chard, to find they were sold out, the bartender Immediately upgraded me to the next level at the same price. Now since it was a bit late, decided to dine on a couple of appetizers, rather than a full meal. Choose two different seafood dishes. Absolutely the best. So a a very good wine list to choose from, a very extensive menu, and open after 8. I will be back to this place on my next trip.

• Visited May 2012
Sparks, Nevada
“Good food and service”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a family of 4 eating dinner at the Bahama Island. Three of us had "rice bowls" and the other had a kebob. All 4 were very good. the price was reasonable. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was also very nice. Carmel can be a VERY expensive place. This place offers a reasonable alternaive. We all agreed that we would return.

Visited June 2012