Vagabond's House Inn
$266
$180
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Pine Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
$420
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$204
$193
Travelocity
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
$396
$349
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $526/night.

Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

$499
  • Pool
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$622
$450
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $530/night.

All reviewswine and cheeseeach morningfire pitbeautiful courtyardheated floorsbreakfast in bedother guestseach eveningfew blocksperfect staybreakfast deliveredshops and restaurantsour honeymoonthe location is perfectgranolacarmel by the searomantic getaway
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond's House Inn in July and really enjoyed it. We had a room with our own patio where we enjoyed breakfast. The room also came with complimentary Sherry which was really nice and there was complimentary wine in the lobby. The staff were very friendly. The location in Carmel is also very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank efleisc
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great little B&B. and a little romantic even for us grey hairs. Staff gave great advice for restaurants and the trip down Hwy 1. Carmel is a great little town but having the staff pint out the good restaurants and places to see was wonderful. THe front staff even made copied of maps.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rdodge2
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at room 8 , one of the renovated rooms , it was beautiful , superb design and the warmest feeling you can ask for .
The only thing they can improve on is the breakfast , not so much selection and hard to eat in the room .

Room Tip: the renovated rooms #8 and 9 are the nicest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorkCityMol
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 11 and I must admit it was the nicest place I have ever stayed. I consider both my husband and me well traveled and tend to try to stay in the nicest accommodations when we travel. The room was cozy with a fireplace, down king sized bed, and even heated bathroom floors. It's modern decor was luxurious yet charming. I felt like I was staying in a room out of Architectural Digest. The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable about the area! The minute we arrived, they helped us park a large truck and trailer which in Carmel is not easy! The location of the Vagabond's House is great because you can easily walk to the beach, shopping, restaurants but it is not in the center of the crowds. The free wine and cheese from 4-6 PM was an added pleasure as was the high speed Internet and Netflix that was included with our room! If we ever return to Carmel, which I hope we will,we will definitely plan to stay in room 11 again!

Sent from my iPad

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Mmcg8
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wish I could have scored this as 4.5, as it really was lovely and only let down by a few small things.

We stayed in room 3, it had been recently renovated and was beautifully done. The bedroom was spacious yet cosey. As a bedroom for adults I couldn't really fault it.

However we were travelling with our 15 month old daughter and it wasn't very practical for a child learning to walk and grabbing on to every piece of furrniture (ie. floor standing lamps, loose glass top on coffee table, telephone and lamp cables running along the floor). This was obviously a problem very specific to us, so I only mention it as a word of caution to other parents thinking of staying there with a child of a similar age.

The courtyard was beautiful, we enjoyed sitting out there in the evenings with a glass of wine and enjoying the waterfall and being close enough to our room to leave our sleeping baby in her cot.

It was great to have a kitchen in which to store some drinks in the fridge, but this was the one part of the room that I felt let it down. It was nice that it retained many of the older features of the property but it somehow felt a little less clean than the rest of the room. Both my husband and I commented that the smell in there was exactly like that of our Grandmothers' kictchens from our childhood, very strange!

The bathroom was very compact, but nicely done and clean.

Breakfast was served in the bedroom. As a couple travelling alone I would have loved this. However with a small child and in particular without a high chair, this was a challenge. I spent each breakfast trying to make sure she didn't drop food on the rugs or under the bed or preventing her from grabbing the coffee cups. Not the most relaxing start to the day! However we found the simple breakfast itself to be very nice.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family