“Tiny portions”

Bistro Beaujolais
Ranked #55 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bistro Beaujolais offers alfresco dining in a lush garden atmosphere, plus a restaurant setting that surrounds guests with visual delights like hand- painted murals and outdoor seating around a fire pit on a heated patio.
London
“Tiny portions”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had breakfast here. Our waitress was not great but she was trying hard and seemed nice. The manageress was quite mean though and rather unhelpful, I got the feeling she did not like people bringing children to her restaurant.

I ordered the potato cakes with salmon, while not being cheap the portion was laughably small. You need to bear in mind here that I am from the UK so I don't mean small compared to US portion size but small compared to the UK I.e. teeny-tiny in the US. I was lucky that my daughter let me have some of her eggs or I would have been hungry all morning. It was expensive too!

• Visited September 2012

Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Surprised at the food quality and high service levels”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a favorite of the tourist buses, so we didn't expect much when we dropped in on a cold, wet Sunday at 5:00PM. But we were quite happy with the excellent French Onion soup with Greyere cheese. We both had the boeuf bourguignon and both felt it ranked with the best we've had in Europe and the USA.

The entertainment was excellent (Al Frisby out of Santa Cruz), the table by the outside fire was perfect ambiance and we ended up staying two hours longer than we expected when we arrived.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Guilden_NL
“Terrible service, good food”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We decided to come here with our kid. The waitress from the get go seemed to have a problem whenever our kid did anything. We let the baby have a look at the menu with us and the waitress flipped out saying the menus are very expensive and cost 20 dollars each to print. Huh? All the baby was doing was sitting with my husband holding the menu with himWe decided to come here with our kid. The waitress from the get go seemed to have a problem whenever our kid did anything. We let the baby have a look at the menu with us and the waitress flipped out saying the menus are very expensive and cost 20 dollars each to print. Huh? All the baby was doing was sitting with my husband holding the menu with him while he decided what to look at. In typical baby fashion she went for the fork and knives... Which we quickly grabbed from her. The waitress ran over and told us that the tables were expensive cherry wood and patrionizingly patted my husband on the shoulder and said: it's ok you will have two moms helping you out tonight. We both took that as an insult. At that point I decided to get some fresh air with the baby. I left my order with my husband. I headed outside and he stayed inside with the menu closed waiting 20 minutes to place an order. The waitress again treated him like an imbicile and told him she hadn't realized that he would know my order also. Now a bistro by definition is not a 5 star restaurant. Rather it is a modest place which serves simple food. Plus we asked if kids were ok in their establishment before we even sat down.

Anyways once our food arrived we started to relax and enjoy ourselves. The owner or manager started serving us. The food was good and very tasty. Yet our experience continued to be plagued by this terrible pretentious waitress. In the middle of our meal she was bringing another party over to the table next to us and she loudly said to them: you know what, I don't think you want to sit there. Let's find you somewhere quieter. And our baby was just sitting and eating not making a noise and we were in the quietest corner in the bistro. Finally when we were paying up the waitress loudly said to the wait staff in front of us: you will need to clean this table up quickly, there is another party of three coming. And we hadn't even finished our wine yet! Talk about feeling rushed, patronized, insulted, belittled and treated like idiots for daring to bring a child into a bistro. This waitress needs to get off her high horse and learn some customer service skills so she doesn't impose herself on the customers. She ruined our evening and put a bad taste in our mouth about carmel. If a simple bistro thinks it can be this pretensious towards its patrons what is the rest of Carmel like? Maybe one day I'll come back to Carmel and give it another chance but never again to this bistro trying to outclass itself. A note to the owner /manager: get your waitresse in line so that your fantastic food can shine without the tainted flavor of bad customer service.

Carmel, California
“Good food, good class”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A good price for really good food, not cheap, but appropriate. It's a little difficult to find, "hidden" on the lower floor on an inside square of a building complex. Seating inside or outside comfortable, not cramped.

Visited August 2012
Kamuela, Hawai'i
“Good basic food.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was handy, and the food was good, not fabulous but good, and hearty. The service was good It is not a small intimate type of atmosphere. You can eat outside, if it is not too cold.

Visited August 2012