“nice morning detour”

Ranked #7 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Carmel
Pebble Beach, California
“nice morning detour”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Coffee and Carmel are the perfect pair, which spells no shortage of coffee stops in this small sea-side town. I've tried a few so far, and I especially love the peppermint coffee at the Carmel Coffee House and its selection of to-go breakfast combos. I haven't been lucky enough to land one of the few outdoor seating tables peppered outside the place, but I imagine they add to the experience. The white-washed homes opposite this semi-hidden coffee stop give me the feeling of being back in Greece, or some winding side street in southern Italy.

• Visited April 2014

Monterey, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best of the carmel coffee houses”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This has a lot going for it-location on Ocean Ave but tucked back in in the Tiendas? Bldg away from the traffic, nice patio seating for those occasional sunny Carmel days or an attractive inside with wall painted scenes, priced ok at $4 for large espressos (some of the unnamed competition is already at $6!, friendly servers, good munchies at least early in the day. Downsides-there is a lot of confusion with at least three other coffee houses using the name "Carmel coffee" in some fashion and the staff turnover is substantial and you may get a newbie doing your espresso drink.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Patio For A Cup of Joe!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice little patio to rest and relax when walking the shops of Carmel.... and the coffee is good too!

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Quaint. Comfortable. Average. (Sorry)”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ordered a cappuccino that turned out to be a latte. I know - it's definitely a first world problem. I liked my peppermint mocha - nice work on that! The outdoor seating was very comfortable and being a few feet off that main street was nice. I like a lot about this place, although the service was a little slow, and the drinks were just a little above average. Wish I could say it was better than that.

• Visited January 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“hard to find, but worth it”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

First, don't confuse this with the Carmel Coffee and Cocoa House. We started there, but got a weird mall vibe... kind of a move you in move you out thing going on. Went to the I and asked for good local coffee house suggestions and got this one (and another). When I asked if that was the above mentioned, I got a very quick NO. It was a bit hard to find, but once there, had great outdoor seating. You have to go into one of those "alleys" in the middle of the block. We tried the first alley/courtyard and found a place called Belle... it was the next alley where we found this!

Coffee was great! Wife had a decaf French Roast, which was excellent except had a lot of grounds in it. I had one of the ugliest cappacinos I've ever seen (foam just flung on), but the coffee was excellent. Side of pecan blueberry coffee cake heated up was perfect.

I strongly recommend the (minor) effort to find this place, but I think they need to teach the baristas how to make a real cap.

• Visited November 2013