“Good food, average "atmosphere"”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Basil

Basil
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean & 7th
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, average "atmosphere"”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food here was above average. Two of us had burgers which had good flavor, due primarily to the sauce. Salads were good. One had salmon special that was very good and one had carpaccio and a salad that was above average. The real plus were the desserts. Italian bread pudding and a berry cobbler....to die for!
Service was average. There is NO atmosphere here. Small place wi few tables. They anxiously rely on tourists for business.

• Visited June 2013

San Francisco, California
“Basil Carmel offers delicate dinner at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After walk at Carmel beach, we had an early dinner at Basil Carmel. We called to book reservation one day early.

Pros:
- dinner was cooked to the perfect point (we had duck liver, grass-fed braised meat, black squid linguine)
- dishes were special
- basil sauce for bread is a must-try
- great place for romance or quality dinner

Cons:
- The waitor forgot our red wine
- parking can be a challenge during peak times. (there is no valet parking)

• Visited May 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“great resturant”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had lunch at Basil three times on my last visit, each time the food was perfectly prepared. I was most impressed with the ravioli, they were tender little pillows, best I have every eaten On Mothers day I had a Bellini, it was much better than Harry's in Venice.

Mountain View, California
“Fresh and seasonal dining in Carmel”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

An SA at the Bottega Veneta boutique in Carmel first turned me onto Basil. I've been there several times solo and with DH on day trips to the Monterey Peninsula. DH and I returned again last Saturday to wrap up our trip to Cooking for Solutions. We thought about eating in Carmel Valley after wine tasting, but since we love Basil, our decision to return was a no brainer. The lamb meatballs are TDF. I wish Basil would bring back the lamb burger. Service is spot on; the kind of professional service you would expect from a white table cloth restaurant in SF.

Monterey, California
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We made reservations for my birthday. We are local but had not visited Basil before.
We sat at the back near two very loud business woman who didn't have the courtesy to keep their conversations at a more acceptable level.
The food was very average and both my husband and I were so disappointed we walked down to 400 degree burger to eat again. Our server was vigilant but a little OTT.

• Visited March 2013