“Seasonal, organic food - wonderful surprise!”

Basil Seasonal Dining
Ranked #28 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean & 7th
Description: Menu based on seasonal products, locally grown produce & organic ingredients, fresh wild and sustainable seafood every day, modern & creative local California cuisine. Now open for Brunch, Sundays from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to find this place in Carmel (thank you TA)!

Once I read organic, seasonal, fresh......I was sold!.....and had to make this the first place I ate in Carmel. Almost returned the same night for dinner but thought I should venture out :)

It's a lovely 22 seat cozy restaurant (rainy and chilly day so no outside seating possible) and a lot of care comes across in the service and the preparation of food. So nice to see a town that surely is filled with tourists in the summer, have such a European local feel.

We started with some of the specialty cocktails and Sherry was gracious to offer me a sample of their signature drink so I could be sure of my choice. It was tasty, although sweeter than I was looking for on this day, so I ordered the Cucumber Mint Martini and enjoyed it. The bread and pesto that they serve were so tasty!

I ordered the Fig & Brie Salad. Absolutely delicious!!!! What a delight to be able to eat such a fresh, organic & creative salad while on the road & traveling! My husband ordered the fresh crab salad and they were gracious to put it on a bed of organic greens and make it a meal for him. He loved it! We finished with the Ollalaberry Pie. So great!!! Photos were taken of all and I will post them rather than describe the dishes.

The service was friendly & attentive, the food is healthy, creative, fresh & delicious, and the size of the restaurant is intimate. I wish Basil were in my city!! What a find!

1  Thank Deanne B

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were in Carmel on a very busy weekend and did not have a reservation for lunch but waited around for 15 minutes for an open table outside (the sun was fabulous that weekend). it was a late lunch (around 2pm) but I'm sure it would have been a much longer wait an hour before! At any rate, the food was fresh and fabulous and our service was friendly and accommodating. I can't speak for the dinner service but we were very pleased with the lunch service and would recommend Basil for lunch. We were a group of 4 adults.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We got an 845 reservation and totally fell in love with this place. I got the short rib which melted in my mouth. Totally delish. My husband enjoyed his veal very much as well. Good service, cozy and very tasty!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stumbled across this gem of a restaurant as we were wandering around the shops. I second most of the positive trip advisor reviews. I had the arugula salad with figs and my hubby had the vegan ravioli (filled with kale, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms) in a tasty tomato sauce and we would strongly recommend both. The food was super fresh and wonderfully tasty.
I also had the basil ice tea (free refills) which was refreshing. Our bill was less than 30 bucks. What a steal. It is also worth mentioning that the service was spot on. Our waiter was friendly, helpful and attentive, without being intrusive. We're heading back for lunch tomorrow!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was fabulous! Everything was so fresh and the presentation was so nice. The basil spread with the bread was delicious. I had a filet which was wonderful. The restaurant only seats 22 people inside so it's an intimate setting. Our server Ashley was very attentive and knew all about the different dishes and wines. I highly recommend this restaurant.