“Cannot recommend!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietor Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Benoit Petel prepares Modern French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 5:30 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant. We are open for lunch from 12:00 until 2:30 Friday - Sunday
California
“Cannot recommend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Ordered fish, Had strong smell of clorox bleach. A friend in the restuarant business told me that restuarants will bleach fish to keep it fresh smelling. The other entre we ordered was duck and it was fine, so I guess you can take your chances, but it seems fishy to me. I will never go back as I didn't feel well after eating there.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Designer-at-Large

san francisco
“Best Restaurant in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I am a local Carmel resident and recently discovered that Bouchee had changed ownership and is now a family restaurant whose new owner is a French chef trained in Paris. The food is reasonably priced for Carmel and absolutely fabulous - felt like I was eating at a great restaurant in Paris! A 3 course fixed price dinner/dessert with various choices is $35, and regular dinners are in the $20's price range. The atmosphere is casual but sophisticated and friendly. They are open for lunch 5 days a week and dinner 7 days a week. Stopped by for lunch today just as they were closing and they kept the restaurant open just to serve me. Had delicious fresh asparagus soup, salad and a Croque Monsieur for $15...all delicious beyond compare. This is the best restaurant in Carmel and lots of locals are now discovering it.

2 Thank skywalker2
Ivins, Utah
“wow..heard so much but got less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Geez read the reviews and you think this could be the best place on earth. Here is my take...loved the menu but got an over cooked filet and flavorless halibut. Ambiance and local are great and the staff is very nice. What I really didn't like is how fast our waiter poured our $288 bottle of wine. I understand this place has changed hands about 5 months ago.

Laguna Niguel, Ca
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

We had a wonderful meal at Andre's Bouchee. It is not inexpensive, but worth the price. We started with Fois Gras and French Onion Soup. I had duck confit and my husband had sweetbreads. All were excellent. They will waive a $25 corkage fee if you buy a 1\2 bottle of their wine. The sommelier recommended a sauivignon blac which was excellent. The atmosphere was nice. We were surprised the restaurant was not busier than it was for the quality of the food and service. The service was very attentive and the manager was on hand to oversee everything. He checked several times to see if eveything was o.k. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank peggymack
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Special Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

We were looking for another restaurant and found this one. We were the lucky ones. We were celebrating a birthday and this was perfect. For appetizers, the oysters were so fresh and tasty, they must have just been delivered. Also, foie gras, salads, soups, such as gazpacho or lobster bisque. For dinner, excellent selection of fish and meats. I had the duck breast, just perfect. The service was impeccable. Even with all of the upscale food and service, the restaurant is relaxed and comfortable. Also, great wine selection.

3 Thank 1Michelle