“Terrible!”
Review of Andre's Bouchee

Andre's Bouchee
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietor Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Benoit Petel prepares Modern French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 5:30 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant. We are open for lunch from 12:00 until 2:00 Friday - Sunday
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had dinner at Andre Bouche for the second time in December, and the unprofessional maitre d'hote was just appalling both times.

We had a reservation for 8:30PM, and I called to make sure they were honoring the times, as the previous visit we had had to wait for so long. They told me they were running 10-15 minutes late, so I waited to arrive at 8:45PM. When we arrived there were empty but not cleaned tables, and the maitre d was chit chatting with a guest - which lasted for 10 minutes. When we inquired of a waiter as to whether we could be seated, he indicated the maitre d was the only person who could do that. She was just so unprofessional and clearly not service oriented that all the guests waiting (2 other couples) were also amazed and put off.

The service by the wait staff was good. We had the pear salad (B), the muscles (A), and the steak (B). They are getting by because the food is good quality.

But we were so put off by the terrible experience and the waits of 30 minutes both times, that we had determined never to return!

2  Thank TravLove8
There are newer reviews for Andre's Bouchee

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We started with the trio of house made country pate, rabbit terrine and duck rillettes. Some of the very best we've ever had! (I am salivating as I write this!) The seafood risotto was excellent (with the exception of the taste of the three mussels) and perfectly prepared. The sea scallops over a vegetable puree were also very good. The apple tart finished a very satisfying meal. The extensive wine list does include a few good affordable options for those of us with less deep pockets. The wait staff is pleasant and accommodating. Can be noisy and somewhat chaotic depending on where one is seated in the restaurant.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

From the lengthy but amazing wine list, to the spectacular French fare, to the phenomenal individual service provided by the wonderful staff, this place a was gem. Beef carpaccio, duck, creme brûlée & escargots were all top notch. However, the mussels!!! Wow! Best I've ever had!
I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking great French food at a very reasonable price. Excellent dining experience!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had a great experience here. After looking over several menus from nearby restaurants, we chose Andre's. We sat at the bar thinking we were just going to have a few appetizers but after looking over the menu and listening to the waiter explain the specials, I opted to order off the menu.
My wife had the escargots. We both have had them and prepared many ways but this was truely a unique experience. They were done in a demi glaze with hazel nuts. Highly recommend them along with the french onion soup and the salmon tartare/smoked salmon.
I had the sea scallops on top of the veal medallions. Sounds like a bit of an odd combination but the mild sweet scallops accompanied the tender veal just fine. It was all brought together with an intoxicating beurre blanc (butter) sauce.
My wife and I spent the week in the Carmel area and had the chance to sample many of the restaurants. I can say we really did not have a bad meal anywhere but Andre's stands out as one of the most memorable.
Great food and large wine list is a winning combination

1  Thank Beatrice D
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We brought our own wine! What a mistake! The wine list is superb, and we don't think that this restaurant really wants its clientele bringing wines to the table. The duck was a bit too sweet (pear sauce) and the salad overdressed, but the risotto was some of the best in Carmel!