“Food is good - the wine waiter is awful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andre's Bouchee

Andre's Bouchee
Reserve with OpenTable
Andre's Bouchee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Ave. and 7th
Description: Proprietor Elizabeth Ketler want to share a Carmel favorite that lures locals and visitors with its chic style and neighborhood charm. Chef Benoit Petel prepares Modern French Bistro Cuisine.The wine bar opens at 5:30 pm daily. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. nightly. Reservations are recommended at the restaurant. We are open for lunch from 12:00 until 2:30 Friday - Sunday
Napier, New Zealand
“Food is good - the wine waiter is awful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were only interested in a light meal and a glass of wine but we felt that our whole evening was compromised by the overbearing wine waiter. He was very snearing and rude when he thought we didnt want to spend much on our wine and kept trying to push us into buying a bottle - even though not everyone at the table wanted to drink. I notice from other Trip adviser comments other people have found him unpleasant as well - so it want just us!!!!

Despite the wine waiter - the food was really good. The onion soup was rich and delicious and cheesey and the salads and dessert were really scrumptious.

So if you decide to go - I would say - dont drink any wine and just enjoy the food :-)

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank bluekakariki

Stamford, Connecticut
“Probably the best meal we've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here on New Year's Eve. This was probably the best meal that we've ever had. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted better than you could possibly imagine. The service was excellent as well. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking for an outstanding French restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank R V
Stockton, California
“Scallops to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tried the Scallops and Veal combination. To die for! Added a great wine with the help of our waiter. Wonderful meal. Will go again the next time we go.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Fred V
Athens, GA
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here in early August. The atmosphere is wonderful. The service was sufficiently good. The food was also very good. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer. I has the 12 oz. ribeye for my entree. It was good - my only complaint was that I ordered it medium rare and it was medium. I did not want to complain, but for a $30+ steak, I do expect it to be cooked to order, or at the very least, for the chef to err on the side of the less cooked. My wife ordered the salmon filet and was very pleased.

My one and only complaint about this restaurant was the man I presume was the sommelier. My wife and I had been tasting some sauv blancs, and wanted a sauv blanc bottle. We found a nice local and admittedly on-the-cheaper-end-of-things sauv blanc and ordered it. Sommelier guy proceeds to say, "Oh, if you're thinking of that, then you should get this one" and points to a French white which is $10 more. To which I say, "well, we're really looking for a sauvignon blanc, so I think we'll stick with the California one". To which he goes into an explanation as to how the French wine is superior to the California wine, etc. It just reeked of upselling and his refusal to give up the sales pitch was annoying. At that point, I was getting angry and just agreed to the French wine to end the conversation.

So the server, the food, and the atmosphere was excellent. The sommelier annoyed me quite a bit.

• 3 of 5 stars
Carmel, California, United States
“I love everything about his restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We've eaten here many times. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, and the dining room is small. I enjoy watching the chef work in the open kitchen. The diningroom staff are efficient, gracious, and personable. The food is delicious, beautifully presented, and fairly priced. It's a wonderful choice for a romantic dinner, or a dinner or luncheon with friends. I love the owner's flower arrangements, and their attention to cleanliness and hospitality. I especially like their Lobster Bisque and Prawn Salad. My favorite desert is the Calvados Apple Cake with salted caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream. Truly, everything we have ever ordered has been very good!

1 Thank Katie C