“Perfect Little Bites”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Ocean Ave & 7th Ave
Transit: Monterey Peninsula Transit Bus Stop is located right out front on the sidewalk.
Description: Mundaka is a Spanish style tapas restaurant in downtown Carmel, CA. It is the result of great friendships, a love of food and wine and music, and a long term romance with Spain and its culture. Open in March 2009, Mundaka continues to evolve daily with the creations of our chef Brandon Miller, and the musical musings of all our talented contributors. Mundaka aspires to be the hub for all that is tasty, fun, artistic, creative, and cultural in Carmel-by-the-sea. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here one night and loved it. All of our tapas were divine. Our drinks were really great. I had the white sangria and think of it still. Our service was phenomenal as well. Would definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Mundaka

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped in with my wife based on reviews for a brief overnight stay in Monterey. We made a reservation the night before and we showed up and were quickly seated. Its a little hard to find (behind liquor store), but in a cool little outdoor plaza. The waiter was very gregarious and professional but things got pretty busy and he got side tracked later in the night. The food was amazing. We ordered the Spanish fried peppers (not on menu). Looking like a fired jalapeño and tasting like a very mild hatch, they were served with a bit of salt...simple and delicious. Perfect with the bottle of Sangria we ordered. Now, I don't really like rice, and am lukewarm on Paella, but i have to agree with other reviewers - this was amazing. While we were stuffed, we still ordered the Cauliflower roasted with Gruyere. While we were stuffed, we ate that too and it was also excellent. Altogether a great experience, probably one of the best dinners i have had. And all for around $100!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I went with friends for a celebratory dinner at Mundaka after checking out reviews here on Tripadvisor. Quality of food and atmosphere were both excellent. We're avid tapas fans, and expect small portions. However, these portions are quite small. 5 plates, 1 meat tray, and 2 desserts later, we were all still hungry. Because the quality is so good, and the drinks are fantastic, I'd suggest going for drinks and "snacking" vs. going on an empty stomach :) The atmosphere and service are great as well. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ecellent service, the only thing I disliked was the people smoking out front of the restaurant, smoking in front of a place that people are trying to enjoy their meal is extremely tacky!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We read the menu beside the and decided to give it a try.

Outstanding cocktails and a very fresh tasting sangria were enjoyed on this rare warm Carmel evening.

We shared 7 plates among the 3 of us, our 10 year old daughter loved everything, if your kids are willing to experiment from normal kids fare this restaurant is perfect for families. The white anchovies are wonderful along with the fried garbonzos.

I am mystified by comments that the food is expensive because that is untrue. 2 adults and a 10 yr old ate for under $60 (not including booze) no where else can you enjoy fresh usual ingredients for that price.

My only complaint.....the music was more like new age night club music. Throw that CD in the garbage....please.