Problem: Very small room. Closet not even practical. Bathroom door is half a cm away from toilet. Very dangerous door stopper(see pictures) that almost cut my feet. The stopper was there to prevent the door from hitting the desk, you can imagine how small and packed the room is. No complimentary bottled water in room, no room upgrade, no late check out for platinum member in this property. The lobby overlooking big sur coast used to be a quiet and relaxing place. Now it is full of sales and "potential" time sharing customers all the time.
The good: location is good and house keeping was responsive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt