We stayed for one week in a timeshare unit. Great location on an hillside - provides a spectacular view of the ocean. Because of the location, there are lots of stairs - between units, grounds and in our two story unit. A wheelchair would have some challenges navigating the grounds. Check-in was friendly, staff very accommodating - front desk appears to be always busy so you may need to wait. When you check-in, drive to the front, park your car (there will be an attendant), do not unload anything, after your unit number is assigned then drive to a parking stall near your assigned unit. Driveway is somewhat narrow but after navigating it for a week, it is manageable. Parking is plentiful. Unit is clean; housekeeping does a great job everyday. Full kitchen had all the comforts of home - full refrig, dishwasher, microwave, stove, oven, utensils, dinnerware, toaster, and coffee maker. Furnishings while dated, they were comfortable. Wood burning fireplace provided a nice touch to the cool evenings. Small deck provided a nice unobstructed view of the Pacific. Unit had a kitchen, safe, fireplace, sleeper sofa and full bathroom downstairs. Upstairs was the bedroom with a king bed, another ocean view and huge bathroom (separate tub and shower) with walk-in closet. There is no A/C. Depending on your "neighbors" it can be noisy with walking or running on the wooden decks leading to each room. Additionally, some mornings the reverse "beeping" of delivery trucks can be disruptive to a sleep-in. Landscape is very green and lush. We did take advantage of their fitness room (has several equipment options) and complimentary laundry facilities. We did not use their pool or spa tubs on the property - though did include a photo - the spa tubs look like it could accommodate two people. Great stay - we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt