We booked a two night stay August 2013. This is a nice property, the staff was very attentive and accommodating.
Our room was a Ocean View King, the view was great but our room was the lowest in the pod and therefore the closest to Highway One. With the sliding door open for ventilation, warm August day, there was a lot of road noise. The bellman explained that there weren't room air condtioners when we checked in. Not an issue during the day but in the evening it was too noisy too leave the door open and sleep.
If we stay again I will ask for a room in one of the pods higher and farther away from the road.
Our room was next to the pool and Jacuzzi, both were clean and enjoyable.
One morning we used their bikes and rode down to Point Lobos the entrance is about a 1/2 mile away. You get in free if you are on a bike or walk in. The scenery is spectacular, highly reccommended.
The one real rub I had was not with the property itself or the staff but the fact that it is a 70% timeshare property. No problem except I was asked if we wanted to attend a 'Timeshare Presentation' twice. I don't want to spend $400 a night for a nice hotel room and be bugged about Timeshare ownership. Bad form in my opinion as we weren't informed about the Timeshare before booking. BTW I said no...twice.
We had dinner at the Pacific's Edge Resturant on our first evening. Dinner was very good as was the service.
I struggled with how many stars to give the property. We did have nice time and the people were great.
Overall a nice place to stay, great views, great staff, good food at the resturants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt