This is a nice resort with an amazing view of the ocean. We had a one bedroom townhouse and our view of the ocean and property were great from our deck as it was above the trees and foilage. Our room was clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. Parking is a bit of an issue as the terrain doesn't really allow for parking by one's room. There is a ramp in the rear of the property which is where many people parked their cars. You can also have your car valet parked if you would prefer that. The pool was heated and very nice. We had a late night swim with my son and the view of the property from the pool was fabulous. They also had a firepit going which added to the ambiance. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the fitness center. It was adequate, but I expected more from a premier Hyatt property. Otherwise, I would most definitely recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt