Hyatt is located in Carmel Highlands, a 10 minute drive from Carmel. The hotel is situated on top of a hill and is spread out. We stayed for three nights here is my pro's and con's
Views- Best place to stay close to Caramel with views of the ocean. Views are larger than what you would get in the city.
Location- close enough to the Carmel to drive for dinner, far enough to have less traffic flow and people
Rooms- Fireplace was excellent and porches were spacious
staff- was very helpful, Maria the consierte, front desk staff and bar staff.
Food- breakfast was excellent in the lower restaurant, we did not try dinner
landscaping- beautifully maintained with different landscapes, foliage and plants
Noise You can hear your neighbors, walls are thin.
Timeshare property- salesman congregate in the main lobby where the views are and pitch to prospective clients. Kind of a cheap feel to it as we wanted to relax and had to listen to them for 30 minutes.
Price- Kind of on the high end for what you get but..
fitness center- kind of weak but pool area is good.
If you want to have the best view of the Ocean and not stay in the city this is the place for you. Pebble Beach and big sure have great views but are also 1k a night. If you want to stay in the Valley sure you'll have a bigger room but no ocean view. Like warmer weather with sun stay in the Valley. Hyatt is very close to point Lobos, convenient and saves time if you go to Big Sur, they are on the way. yes price is high but it's Carmel. Service was good but not 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt