I have been a loyal Hyatt customer for a long time, and have spent time at many of their higher end resort properties. Given the price of the rooms at this location, I expected a high level of service, cleanliness and room design, but this location needs a refurbishment. The staff was friendly enough, but nothing approaching a 5 star hotel. The views and potential for these rooms is off the charts - they sit on the cliff, overlooking the Pacific with great views of the sunset. Unfortunately, that is about all you're paying for. The rooms were just too old - walls are thing and the decks need to be refinished / painted and in some cases, boards replaced. Add on the over the top room service menu prices, and this hotel does not stand up to any of the competition available in the Carmel / Monterey area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt