We booked this place from Internet descriptions -- which were mostly accurate. The view is totally amazing. This may be one of the best properties in the area. Another high point is the Pacific Edge -- the 'signature restaurant'. The food is 100% gourmet with a wide selection of salads, appetizers, and entries. The dessert list is small, but the wine list is totally amazing. Expect about 100$/person for dinner with a bottle of one of the least expensive wines. The staff in the hotel and the restaurant were helpful and friendly - mostly. There is free Internet (amazingly).
The negatives are: the need for valet parking always (but this is at no additional cost); 4 pm check in; and, the biggest negative, is the price. The place is overpriced for what it is. Stay away from the aggressive condo sales people in the lobby.
Our room was smoky due to the smoke from fireplace chimneys down the hill. But there was some kind of air freshener machine in the room. It did not seem to do much.
If you can get a reasonable price, it is a worthwhile place to spend a few days in Carmel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt