My wife and I own 3 Hyatt Residence Club (HRC) properties. We've been to many of the HRC locations and have had a great experience in all of them except the HRC at Carmel Highlands.
We were supposed to get a 2BR with an ocean view; that didn't happen. Instead, we were given a 2BR with a terrible view of the wooden roof shakes from the adjacent building. The HDTV in the upper BR, although "operable", could not be used because the available space in that BR was cluttered with large and old BR end tables that were useless. If we tried to watch the HDTV from the king size bed, we would not be able to view it, because of the very large TV cabinet doors, which blocked the view from the bed. The net result is that, with no comfortable chairs to sit down, the TV was useless.The restaurant was mediocre at best, and although the employees there were helpful and courteous, the service at the front desk was very substandard.
In addition, the general appearance of this HRC was rather poor, when compared to the HRCs in other locations. Our rooms (and I believe all the others) did not have a washer or a drier. Please do not judge the overall HRC on the basis of this location; if you travel to other HRC locations, you'll be delighted at how great these places truly are. HRCs are worth their price, but not this one in Carmel; look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt