First I must say the staff was great. And if we hadn't gotten a deal on the room because of a timeshare presentation, I would rate it terrible as far as the rooms go. If you are looking at this as a hotel, it has some major problems if you are paying $400 to $900 per night. On the way to our room we noticed shingles falling off the sides of the buildings. Once in the room we noticed that we were back in the 80's. We found out from a local, that the last time these rooms had be updated was 1984, and it looked it, and I am sure the mattress was from the same time period. The carpet was filthy, the sink so low in the bathroom, my husband could barely shave. There is poor soundproofing between the rooms. We had a downstairs room and when the people decide at 3AM to take a spa tub, you are not going to sleep. They also must have weighed over 500 lbs because when they walked across the floor the whole down stairs shakes. When the refrigerator cycles it sounds like a 747, so good luck sleeping. The furniture is worn and most of the finish is off the furniture. On the timeshare side, they promise a low pressure presentation, no really true. They do tell you they are planing to replace the carpets. We also noticed the roofs were going to need work soon, and the patio furniture was not keep up and if you sit in the chairs you would end up the splinters. We we told our building was on of the buildings that was in great shape. We asked for HOA minutes, and maintenance schedules but were met with disdain. We really were thinking of maybe purchasing a timeshare, but after seeing the shape of the property, were very disappointed. The view is outstanding, but I'd rather park and picnic with an expensive bottle of champagne at these prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt