I took my girlfriend to the Hyatt Carmel Highlands for her birthday and since it was just the girls, we wanted a two bedroom configuration. We checked in to a nice room with a downstairs master bedroom and an upstairs pull out couch/bed. The room was mostly wood and a bit dark with very little artwork on the walls. But the view.... The room overlooked the rocky shores of Big Sur and the crashing waves and spectacular views were absolutely stunning. We ate lunch at the Market restaurant and sat outside - which was very lovely. The food was good but not terribly inventive. We planned on going to the Pacific Edge restaurant within the resort but found the prices very steep - even higher than SF prices. We decided to stay in and order a bit of room service - which was also very expensive. I would return to this hotel with my husband and most likely would drive to one of the many local restaurants for dinner rather than eat at the Pacific Edge - however, I doubt any place could provide the view and the atmosphere that this restaurant possesses. If you are going with a family, you will really need to check out the sleeping situation before your book. The service at this hotel was absolutely first rate and everyone from the bellman to the hotel clerk was friendly and professional. This is a stunning hotel/resort and is a top romantic destination but think rustic and low key rather than formal and elegant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt