1,311 results
All reviewscalifornia markettime sharepacific edgeocean viewwood burning fireplacevacation clubsunset loungebig surtownhouse suitefull kitchencarmel highlandspoint lobosmain buildingtwo storyviews are spectacularliving roomroad noise
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This place is easy to review:
Spectacular views
great rooms
great lounge with great staff
great overall staff
terribble breakfast. worst pancakes, had to be out of a box and barely warm food. with no concern from the waiters or manager. Use the in room kitchenette for you breakfasts.

Room Tip: just ask for full ocean view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sfcvacations
CarmelHighlands, Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

We are happy you enjoyed the wonderful property and stunning views, and we are so sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast and that you did not receive good customer service regarding this. We will look into your comments to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Just completed a 1 night stay in late January @ the Hyatt Carmel Highlands. We stayed in an ocean view room. The room had a wood burning fireplace fully loaded and ready to lite. It also had a balcony looking out to the pacific ocean. The room size is very nice and the bathroom layout is nice with a seperation of sinks from the tub & toilette. Our bellman met us at the room and pointed out the gray whales just off the coast from our balacony. The rooms supply binoculars which were very useful for looking at the whales. We enjoyed sitting on our balacony whatching the whales & sunset. After dinner we came back and lit our fireplace. If you are looking for a romantic place with amazing views this is it!

I did read in reveiws about the timeshare sales people hounding guests & am happy to report that receieved 1 phone call on the afternoon we checked in saying if we were interested, they had a free gift for us at the lobby. We were not and that was the end of it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JimLag
CarmelHighlands, Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to provide amenities to make your visit as comfortable as possible, and we are glad you enjoyed them. We hope you visit us again to enjoy the beautiful property and the stunning views.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We are timeshare owners, so we have the opportunity to visit this property every year. I absolutely love this place - we have a one-bedroom townhouse, with a full ocean view of Yankee Point. There is NOTHING like waking up to that view every morning, and watching the sunset each evening.

One pleasant surprise this year is the fact that WiFI is now complimentary (thanks, Hyatt for realizing this is a must these days). The staff was awesome as always, from the energetic bell staff who carried our bags up ALL those stairs, to just about every person we interacted with during our week-long stay. The only sour note involved housekeeping - for some reason, although every other day had been perfect, the housekeeper did a very poor job of cleaning the room on our next-to-last-day - supplies weren't restocked, the dishwasher was left full and running, our coffeemaker was left unassembled, and so on (although she did a great job laying out the fire in the fireplace). Minor in the grand scheme of things, but a sour note none the less, especially after a week of impeccable service.

As a timeshare owner you can expect a phone call inviting you to owners get-togethers/updates, but they do take a polite "no" for an answer and leave you in peace.

We had dinner in the Pacific's Edge restaurant with some friends, another annual ritual for us. The food is amazing, the service very attentive, and the view is outstanding. Be prepared for high prices and don't let it keep you from enjoying a fabulous evening.

Cell reception can be spotty throughout the resort, but for me that's a plus. I can truly ignore work for a week.

All in all, a welcome break from everyday life. Every year, I wish I could stay longer. This year was no exception.

Room Tip: Full ocean view is worth every penny
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pjmorrison

We are happy you are able to visit us regularly! If you ever have any issues with house keeping, please do not hesitate to call the front desk and we'll be happy to assist you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Besides no hot water in my bathroom sink, the coffee maker did not work. I was in Room 513 and I could hear every move that other guests made in the 2 rooms above me, I could even hear them snoring. There was supposed to be 3 hot tubs on the property and only one was working and it was crowded because it was the only one. The pool was supposed to be heated but was cold. My bill was not ready upon check out and even though I was the only one checking out it took 15 minutes to get my bill. This was unacceptable especially for a Hyatt diamond member.

Room Tip: The Hyatt has taken a beautiful location and has only put money into its time share units on the property and has sorely neglected the few hotels rooms it has on the property. When this was the Highland Inn, it was a magnificent property.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Brenda T
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a fantastic location. I am sitting high on the hill in an ocean view room with an unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean looking at sea otters feeding (with binoculars). I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this (in view terms) is among the best. The issues - pricey and the dam wireless Internet connection is less than reliable. That aside I would highly recommend this hotel for "that special" occasion - unless money is no object. Dine at the in-house restaurant, the food is good, great wine selection and a view ( in daylight hours) to die for!!!

Rooms are well sized with the amenities you would expect from a property of this class - warning no air conditioning only heating and open fire place ( at least in my room).

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view regardless of cost
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Roomfreak
CarmelHighlands, Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed the beautiful location. as well as the dining and wine selection! We hope you visit us again soon.