We spent the last night of our honeymoon at the Highlands Inn ...largely because I remembered it as the most romantic place in the world from a visit about 15 years ago. Not much has changed, but actually, plenty has changed. It's a Hyatt now, and apparently a time share property. We were able to secure an ocean view room with fireplace ... view was somewhat obscured by trees and the road was right below us, but we were still happy. No suites (we remembered the great tub) were available for this Friday night stay, too bad. Our stay was fine, but pricey at well over $400 for the night. Room decor is OK, somewhat dated ... and the bathroom is very small. Woodburning fireplace was a real plus on a rainy afternoon/evening. Raphael our bellman was fabulous. Here's what really didn't work for us: the lady selling timeshare presentations was really, really annoying during the afternoon nap. We really, really did not need or want a timeshare presentation in our very limited, very expensive one night stay in this hotel. Not sure I could have been more clear with reservations, checkin and everyone concerned that this was our honeymoon ... no one seemed to care or acknowledge in any way. Next time in Carmel, I guess we'll explore other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt