We spent the last night of our honeymoon at the Highlands Inn ...largely because I remembered it as the most romantic place in the world from a visit about 15 years ago. Not much has changed, but actually, plenty has changed. It's a Hyatt now, and apparently a time share property. We were able to secure an ocean view room with fireplace ... view was somewhat obscured by trees and the road was right below us, but we were still happy. No suites (we remembered the great tub) were available for this Friday night stay, too bad. Our stay was fine, but pricey at well over $400 for the night. Room decor is OK, somewhat dated ... and the bathroom is very small. Woodburning fireplace was a real plus on a rainy afternoon/evening. Raphael our bellman was fabulous. Here's what really didn't work for us: the lady selling timeshare presentations was really, really annoying during the afternoon nap. We really, really did not need or want a timeshare presentation in our very limited, very expensive one night stay in this hotel. Not sure I could have been more clear with reservations, checkin and everyone concerned that this was our honeymoon ... no one seemed to care or acknowledge in any way. Next time in Carmel, I guess we'll explore other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt