I have stayed at the Highlands Inn five times; once when it was a privately owned hotel, three times in their beautiful time-share townhouses that the Hyatt has created, and this most recent time in the traditional hotel room. This review is about the hotel room.
The Pros: The room was contemporary in decor with a lovely view of the beautiful Pacific. It had a nice deck with deck chairs, comfortable bed, preset fireplace, flat screen TV. It was quiet. The hotel has a nice workout room and swimming pool. We particularly enjoyed eating outiside on the deck overlooking the ocean at the cafe restaurant. The food was very good and fresh. The main building/restaurant has a feeling of California elegance and knock out views of the ocean!
The Cons: The bathroom in the hotel room was small and out of date. The furniture in the room (nightstands, desk area) were surprisingly dirty. There was no chair to sit on in the room - only a stool and the bed. If you don't specifically request a "higher" room you won't get much of an ocean view. If you aren't comfortable walking up and down outdoor steps to get to your hotel room then this is not the place for you. The front desk is a bit hit and miss when it comes to service.
Note: I have always stayed here on some kind of a deal. I would not stay here for the full price that they are asking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself. Hyatt Carmel Highlands is a picturesque retreat overlooking the Big Sur coast with epic views of the Pacific Ocean, and a stunning natural environment made even more special by our impeccable staff. Our Carmel by-the-Sea hotel is an oceanfront retreat that seamlessly blends the amenities of a large hotel with the refined charm of a boutique hideaway. Dine at the award-winning California Market at Pacific's Edge restaurant. After a morning of yoga, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or unwind with a relaxing spa experience. If it's outdoor activity you crave, we offer mountain bike rentals and maps for hikes, jogs and bike rides around the stunning Carmel area. Let the Les Clefs d'Or Concierge arrange a day trip to explore Big Sur or a round at legendary Pebble Beach. Host an intimate sunset wedding ceremony or intimate reception on our redwood deck. Feel inspired by the breathtaking vistas that surround our Carmel hotel. Your experience is limited only by your imagination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt