Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn
$257
$180
Official Site
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$179
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$190
ComfortInn
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$204
$193
Hotwire.com
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
Travelocity
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$585
$450
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $557/night.

$695
$420
$500
$485
Cancelon
  • Pool
1,231 results
All reviewscalifornia markettime sharepacific edgewood burning fireplaceocean viewbig sursunset loungetownhouse suitefull kitchencarmel highlandspoint lobostwo storymain buildingliving roomroad noisespa tubhot tub
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I loved everything about this hotel! The room was very nice and spacious! Be sure and ask for a room with a view b/c wow what a view!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This property is stunning. I've stayed in hotels with grander lobbies, more perfect service, bigger rooms, nicer gyms, etc....but overall, I think this one may win. We had an oceanfront room overlooking the Pacific...Point Lobos just to our right and heading out toward Big Sur to the left. I watched sea otters play from my balcony using the binoculars that came in the room.

Of course, going out on the balcony wasn't really necessary, i could see the ocean from the really, really comfy triple sheeted w/ down comforter bed. Pillow top heaven (we've vowed to get a new mattress at home after that. i may call and ask about the brand.) To further rant about the views, there was a view from the hot tub, a different view from the fire pit further up the hill, and a view from the restaurant deck where we had lunch w/ a seagull starring me in the face hopefully.

The grounds were gorgeous with flowers, the likes of which I have never seen. Every inch of the grounds were covered in magnificent flowers, huge ones, many I was completely unfamiliar with, others that were just prehistoric-sized versions of familiar flowers. The pool was heated to 80.

All rooms have wood burning fireplaces, and there are little wood stations near every room. I was bummed not to use ours, but my husband is very hot natured. The rooms are not air conditioned, and although opening the sliding doors onto the patio made it plenty cool (the hi was 59 in Carmel the whole time we were there) we didn't want to heat the room up before bed.

Valet parking was mandatory but free. Hotel provided mountain bikes were a little hoopty for a couple that came to watch a stage of a pro bike race, but we were happy to borrow them and pedal over to Point Lobos.

Now for a few negatives: Our shade broke and the first call about it produced no results. However the 2nd call had an engineer on the way within 2 minutes. The bath ammenities were Gilchrist and Soames, I was a bit disappointed not to get higher-end goodies, and then the maid never replenished them...we actually ran out. Not sure what that was about. The food in the Cali Market (lunch) was not too good, but I should have known better than to eat in a hotel. The rooms are laid out in lots of separate buildings, requiring some walking and a lot of stairs. I really enjoyed this because it was a chance to gawk the flowers (and manmade waterfalls, etc.) but someone w/ mobility problems might want to ask about accessibility. Someone from the time share sales office called and offered me $100 hotel credit to hear their 90 min presentation. This might not be a negative depending on how you feel about that.

I got this room for free for two nights through my Hyatt Visa, but I would have gladly paid the $400 per night...and I don't say that lightly. Few hotels are worth that...this one is.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank litespeedchick
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Best View in all of Carmel! Whether you are sitting on your Terrace, sipping wine in Sunset Lounge overlooking Point Lobos Reserve...Life does not get much better! Breath taking views. and to make sure you get the most of them there are binoculars in every room. Our room had a kitchenette, fireplace, the furniture was warm, cozy, and just perfect. Must have been updated in the last couple of years - everything in the room was so well maintained. I loved the jacuzzi tun on the lower floor with these huge sliding wood doors so that even in the tub I could see the waves crashing on the rocks below...ahhhh! Amazing

Loved the California Marketplace even more than Pacific's Edge. We were looking for a laid back total escape and the food here was very good and satisfying. We bicycled down to Point Lobos and into Carmel and Monterey...this was a treat.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayak67
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed one night at Highlands Inn in Carmel. Loved every moment from the drinks in the beautiful lounge overlooking Big Sur to the fireplace in the cozy bed. There is a pool but too cold for us to use but was very nice to look at. Only downside was that it was outside Carmel downtown which meant we had to dive into Carmel to enjoy the shops. We highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tkring
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed in November at the Highlands Inn for 3 nights and really loved it. WHOW, what a view. The room (seaview) was greate and we really loved watching the dolphins from our bed. The room was quite big and the bed excellent. The only think one could argue was the wood fire smoke that lingered around. Otherwise both the room and the property was really outstanding. We ate one evening at the restaurant and really enjoyed it. Breakfast was likewise great, with great in- and outdoorseating. If you happen to have good weather this is really a greate place to explore Big Sur and the Monterey Peninsula.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple